Talk

Advanced search

baby passport photo

(8 Posts)
Titsalinabumsquash Wed 29-Jun-16 13:28:53

DD's passport was done when she was a little baby, we're going away at Christmas and she'll be 18 months so looks a lot different, do I need to apply to change her passport photo or not?

treaclesoda Wed 29-Jun-16 13:31:16

My DDs passport photo was taken when she was a few weeks old and we used it when she was over 4 years old with no questions asked. smile

Paulat2112 Wed 29-Jun-16 13:33:42

No

ulab Wed 29-Jun-16 13:38:17

First baby passport is valid for 5 years and you can use it till it expires. To be honest my baby's sleeping passport picture looked nothing like him from the beginning wink

Titsalinabumsquash Wed 29-Jun-16 14:49:14

Great thanks, 1 less thing to worry about. smile

jacksoncannery Wed 29-Jun-16 14:58:51

Of course not! It's a 5 year passport. My 4.9 year old looked nothing like her 3 week old passport photo but it was still valid.

Same logic as how a slim blonde- highlighted, natural looking business woman in a suit in her late 20s was able to travel on the passport of a sullen, chunky teenage goth. Got a few double takes and stares from border staff, but was never stopped.

That is not a stealth boast as I am no longer either of those people on my passport!

Titsalinabumsquash Wed 29-Jun-16 16:55:17

I didn't think it would need changing I'm just very nervous about getting everything right, we've never been abroad before and this is a Starlight wish that's been granted to DS1 and I'm determined nothing will go wrong. smile
I've lost a ton of weight since my last passport photo but it needs renewing anyway so I'll get a new picture taken.

OhNoNotMyBaby Wed 29-Jun-16 16:57:23

No. My DD was 4 months old I think, for her 1st photo. I had to prop her up with cushions on the sofa to get the photo...

At 5 she looked very, very different. Don't worry about it.

Have a lovely, lovely time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now