concertplayer Fri 24-Jun-16 06:37:19

If you are travelling abroad this summer, I hope you have changed your
Sterling already

AdelindSchade Fri 24-Jun-16 06:38:19

I got most of mine the other day.

StrawberrytallCake Fri 24-Jun-16 06:39:00

It will stabilise......

JedRambosteen Fri 24-Jun-16 06:39:39

No. We planned to do it 2 weekends ago but ran out of time on a trip to town. Bitterly regretting not getting it done then now... sad

exLtEveDallas Fri 24-Jun-16 06:40:45

Same boat as Jeb. Bollocks. I bloody knew we should have got them a couple of weeks ago sad

IrenetheQuaint Fri 24-Jun-16 06:44:52

Did it yesterday just in case.

Brokenbiscuit Fri 24-Jun-16 06:48:45

Stupidly, I thought that common sense would prevail, so I didn't get my Euros.

That's the least of my worries right now though.

BishopBrennansArse Fri 24-Jun-16 06:50:50

No I didn't.
Poosticks.

JedRambosteen Fri 24-Jun-16 06:51:42

I just went the Post Office travel exchange page to compare rates/what our stupidity has cost us. It says "due to last night's exceptional circumstances, we are unable to take orders" - fortunately we aren't travelling in the next couple of days. But, fuuuuuuuuck!

MardAsSnails Fri 24-Jun-16 06:58:23

Unless you're going tomorrow, wait. It'll stabilise.

CatherineDeB Fri 24-Jun-16 06:59:36

Same as Broken here ..... And I am going to France tomorrow!

StrawberrytallCake Fri 24-Jun-16 09:44:35

I think our voices are invisible mard

Costacoffeeplease Fri 24-Jun-16 10:12:25

The question is, where will it stabilise?

StrawberrytallCake Fri 24-Jun-16 10:14:15

We will find out! The way the market ends today will be telling.

meditrina Fri 24-Jun-16 10:16:48

Well it's already moving upwards again.

Though it might continue volatile for a while. Has Juncker spoken yet?

MardAsSnails Fri 24-Jun-16 10:22:09

Yep Strawberry, it's quite lonely being someone who voted remain but isn't going into panic mode

Cameron has a meeting with the EU this week. After that we'll see more how people are reacting to this.

Today will be telling, I agree. But again, if you can wait, wait it out to see how it goes this week when things become clearer.

StrawberrytallCake Fri 24-Jun-16 10:42:47

Yes definitely mard a week or so will hopefully make a difference. We're off in two weeks and I haven't bought any yet, will monitor for the next week and then probably buy the week after.

CatherineDeB Fri 24-Jun-16 12:17:43

How condescending Mard.

This is much bigger than a bit of holiday spending money, sterling is not going to recover in two weeks, you would have to be very naive to think that remotely possible.

StrawberrytallCake Fri 24-Jun-16 13:32:52

Catherine have you read the thread title? That's exactly what this thread is about.

WhatTheActualFugg Fri 24-Jun-16 13:34:05

I'm more pissed off I didn't think to bet all our savings on Brexit yesterday.

CointreauVersial Fri 24-Jun-16 13:39:50

My finger was poised over the "buy dollars" button last night, but I didn't really believe my country would let me down, so I didn't buy.

We are not going to the US until August, so now we will wait for things to settle down. The exchange rate may well stabilise, but I don't believe it will go back to yesterday's level for a long time. My holiday is going to cost me a lot more. angry

Ah well, that's just three weeks out of my life - it's the next few years that worry me more.

CatherineDeB Fri 24-Jun-16 13:57:11

It was the suggestion that we were panicking that I found condescending!!

hyperhypermum Fri 24-Jun-16 14:14:05

We're supposed to be going to the US in August too Cointreau. We're actually wondering if we should cancel. It was going to be tight anyway but this could tip us over the edge 😮

StrawberrytallCake Fri 24-Jun-16 14:22:06

People are panicking though?

CatherineDeB Fri 24-Jun-16 14:27:00

Everyone apart from Mard, I am not panicking, neither is anyone I know. We are very disappointed with the result but not panicking.

Fiscal turmoil is here to stay for a while, panicking would be futile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now