Talk

Advanced search

Help, I've never picked a holiday!

(6 Posts)
Kizzyblack1 Sun 19-Jun-16 22:04:03

My lovely parents have given us some money so DH and I can take our 2 boys away for a break as we have spent past 10 years going to look after the in-laws in France. Looking for somewhere cheap, not too hot and not a beach holiday! Long weekend would be fine. Boys are 10 and 6. Ideas please?

concertplayer Mon 20-Jun-16 14:17:12

The Uk or abroad ? For abroad cheaper if you can fly from London.
British Airways have deals from £99 pp for 2 nights all over Europe.
Disney Paris lovely for you all but no idea about the prices
Another factor is when you plan to go The prices for school hol periods
nearly double compared to out of season but the BA offers I saw do go
during this summer hols

jenna951357 Tue 21-Jun-16 16:08:46

Why not go to Venice? It is definitely one of my favorite European cities. Great to relax and you can always find some cheap deals if flying from London

revealall Tue 21-Jun-16 17:17:05

I would pump for Rome rather than Venice. Smaller and crammed with interesting sights for the boys. Pantheon, Trevi foundation, churches with priceless treasures are free and the food and accommodation can be done cheaply for a weekend. Will be boiling during the summer but good for an Autumn or winter get away.
Also for a "doing" break Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight. The historic dockyard is superb - Nelson's and Henry VIII's flagships, boat trips round the navy bit and even laser quest in site. The Isle of Wight is quaint and has lots of dinosaur bones to find, great castle, a sort of but very quirky theme park etc. Also nice beaches.

clippityclop Tue 21-Jun-16 17:24:41

Isle of Man. Loads to do whatever the weather, fantastic interactive museums, theatre, walks, beaches.

christinawilliams Thu 23-Jun-16 10:57:33

I would recommend going to Spain, its always a great choice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now