Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Best Budget Locations

(14 Posts)
Madeaminnieme Sun 19-Jun-16 21:02:56

My DH and I are thinking of taking our first abroad holiday with 2 young kids.
Can anyone recommend somewhere that doesn't cost the earth to go to ie about £1.5k for a family of four in June?
Thanks!

Makemineacabsauv Sun 19-Jun-16 21:14:14

Greece! Book self catering and choose lovely different restaurants every night!

revealall Sun 19-Jun-16 21:41:43

There's not long left this June, you thinking this year or next?

The cheapest flights are with low cost airlines or the big holiday companie to short haul places.. Spain and Mallorca are always really cheap and they also have great beaches and masses of good hotels. Avoid the packages to the resorts if you want a less touristy experience. Plenty of hotels will do half board or AI without having to buy it through Thompsons or whatever.

You might want to check out the cheaper cruise ships too. Bargain trips round the med ( see stuff ,use the beaches) in June and really fun/ dead easy for the kids. Look up Travelzoo or Igloo cruises for the best if the deals.

Madeaminnieme Sun 19-Jun-16 21:54:15

Yeah next June sorry! It's the joys of Scottish school holidays which means we can go slightly earlier lol
Thanks! Will check those out!

Hersetta427 Mon 20-Jun-16 09:42:44

Prices from Scottish airports will be high, but if you were to look at Newcastle of Manchester the prices would be much lower.

Roundtheworld1 Mon 20-Jun-16 10:21:45

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

BarbaraofSeville Mon 20-Jun-16 11:49:17

What about Eurocamp style places? There are some lovely locations, especially in northern Spain (Cala Llevado, Estartit for example).

You can self cater (BBQ/easy food) or eat out cheaply and flights should be affordable if you book early and fly from Newcastle or Manchester if you can manage.

ThomasRichard Mon 20-Jun-16 11:51:33

What sort of activities are you looking for? Beach or something else? How old are your kids?

Madeaminnieme Mon 20-Jun-16 12:11:41

Looking at various options but preferring self catering. . The kids will be 5 and 2 and neither will have flown before so that should be fun haha

ThomasRichard Mon 20-Jun-16 13:07:35

How about the Canary Islands? There are some great deals for June and the weather is lovely.

concertplayer Mon 20-Jun-16 13:17:41

The Canaries is a 4 hour flight as are some of the Greek Islands.
Menorca and Majorca nearer and still good weather/facilities

Makemineacabsauv Mon 20-Jun-16 22:26:22

If you're near Prestwick I got school holiday flights to Greece with luggage for 3 of us for about £400 - 2 weeks. Booked with Ryanair back in October. Have booked cheap easyjet flights to Crete and Kos from Glasgow and cheap Rhodes flights with Het2 from Edinburgh. Check out budget self catering apartments on trip adviser and then see how cheap you can get them. As long as they are clean, short walk to beach/centre of resort and have a pool and wee bar you are sorted. Kids don't need anything else. My 2 never went to organised kids activities anyway. Best part of our holiday is choosing a different local restaurant every night - especially when they're on the beach and kids can join in beach games with tons of others from all over the world while you quaff a cocktail or 2! Then again they were partial to mini discos too..

adrianabelshaw Tue 21-Jun-16 16:23:39

I went to St Vlas in Bulgaria last year with my family and I have to say we were all really happy with our choice! It was our first time going there and we really enjoyed it - great place to relax and super cheap as well! Totally worth it.
Other than that, Spain is always a great option.

OnyK Tue 21-Jun-16 16:52:49

Greece is lovely in June.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now