Talk

Advanced search

Isle of Wight

(13 Posts)
BluebellTheDonkey Wed 15-Jun-16 16:06:45

Hi, we have just booked to go to the Isle of Wight this weekend with our two DS aged 7 and 12. Any ideas of fun activities to do while we're there?
Thankssmile

Ilovewillow Wed 15-Jun-16 16:38:33

Hi my parents live on the IOW! Black gang Chine is good and lots of fun for children. If you want a nice beach, Hope beach is lovely or Steep Hill Cove! Ventnor seafront is lovely with mini golf etc!
Lots of pretty gardens although they may not thrill your children.
Have a lovely time!

BluebellTheDonkey Wed 15-Jun-16 17:20:02

Thanks willowsmile We are staying at Shanklin. I'm really looking forward to it, a much needed family break!

rainbowjoy Wed 15-Jun-16 17:24:55

Robin Hill is great fun, lots of open space to run around but as you walk around mazes, climbing things, play grounds etc. It's great fun. You can get there by bus easily if you haven't a car.

BluebellTheDonkey Wed 15-Jun-16 17:26:26

Ooh thanks rainbow that does sound good. We're taking the car on the ferry so should be able to get about easily.

Bearsinmotion Wed 15-Jun-16 17:29:15

We are on the IoW at the moment! Our DC are much younger but have had a great time! IsleJump in Lake is a trampoline park, good for rainy days! Dinosaur Isle is also pretty good, we also did a fossil hunting trip which was very cool, we found our own dinosaur bones to take home! Robin Hill country park is supposed to be good but we haven't been yet! And of course the Needles, chair lifts to the beach and boat trips to the needles themselves.

FadedRed Wed 15-Jun-16 17:31:39

Carries rook Castle is worth a visit, 'proper castle' iykwim and the donkey powered water well is interesting.
Osbourne House is also a good day out, lots of stuff about Queen Victoria's children, including their playhouse and gardens. Lovely grounds with lots of red squirrels and a walk down to their private beach.

BluebellTheDonkey Wed 15-Jun-16 20:00:04

Thank you for all the ideas, wish we had longer than a weekend now! smile

stareatthetvscreen Wed 15-Jun-16 20:07:01

seafront at shanklin is brill
pubs cafes hotels little arcades rides shops beach cafe

wish i was going smile

BluebellTheDonkey Wed 15-Jun-16 20:24:51

I'm really looking forward to it stare We've had a tough few months and need a little pick me up! You can hop in the suitcasewink

stareatthetvscreen Wed 15-Jun-16 20:42:17

ok then

thank you

i will smile

stareatthetvscreen Wed 15-Jun-16 20:42:59

have a fab time smile

BluebellTheDonkey Wed 15-Jun-16 21:30:53

Thank you!grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now