Vendee

(3 Posts)
OhGood Sun 12-Jun-16 21:02:40

Anyone been to either Angles or Aiguillon sur Mer in the Vendee? Near La Tranche sur Mer. Just want to know what they are like - never been to the area (or in fact outside of Paris / Normandy) - we have 2 young kids. Weather, beaches? Thank you!

Pissant Sun 12-Jun-16 22:18:48

Not been to those areas - but have been to Les Sables D'Olonne

However it was just a brief visit on a cool, drizzly April afternoon. So can't comment on how it would be for a beach holiday.

The resort of Les Sables D'Olonne did look quite nice though - nice long, wellkept beach. Plenty of eating places - and a good shopping area away from the beach.

My parents took a drive down to Aiguilon sur Mer - and said it wasn't particularly scenic - but they may not have explored it in detail.

Weather has been a bit iffy in France apparently so far this year - but generally that area of France will be warm and sunny from end of May onwards - without being baking hot.

This was my first trip tot he Vendee - after many holidays in Charente - and we stayed inland. But I am definitely planning to return to see more of the Vendee area.

OhGood Mon 13-Jun-16 08:55:27

Thanks, pissant. This is kind of my impression - not particularly good looking, nice beaches tho.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now