Talk

Advanced search

Help needed with planning a US trip

(4 Posts)
SorrelForbes Wed 08-Jun-16 20:00:45

DH and I are flying into JFK on the 2nd July and need to be in Asheville, NC to meet friends on the 7th. Our rough plan is to drive to Gettysburg and along the Blue Ridge parkway via Front Royal, Charlottesville and Roanoke. However, I'm really not a country side kind of person and I'm worried that this trip is more suited to those who enjoy scenery and hiking!

Can anyone suggest an alternative route? DH is happy to drive excessive amounts of miles so distance is not an object.

TIA

RusholmeRuffian Wed 08-Jun-16 21:37:32

The only other reasonable route would be to go via DC and then Raleigh/Durham and onto Asheville. Easily driveable in that time.

Use roadtrippers.com to look at alternative routes and get some ideas of things to see along the route.

Have a great trip, I love Asheville!

Iguessyourestuckwithme Wed 08-Jun-16 21:41:39

I'd do JFK -> Philadelphia -> Washington ->

kslatts Thu 09-Jun-16 20:38:41

We went to Washington DC for the first time last year and loved it, we took the train between the two cities so you could consider getting the train from NY to DC then hiring a car from there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now