Talk

Advanced search

Disneyland or 2 week summer holiday?

(6 Posts)
KilgraveMadeMeDoIt Mon 06-Jun-16 23:56:06

We are thinking of going to Disneyland for a long weekend towards the end of the year for DS's 5th birthday. It's gonna cost around £1200 for this so want to get some other opinions before we book. Is it even worth it? Does Disneyland live up to the hype? I went when I was 12 but can only remember Space Mountain 2 and eating hotdogs so...

If we book this, it means we won't be able to go on holiday as a family in summer 2017 (our summer holiday would cost around £2000 for 2 weeks)

Which would you rather do? I'm stuck between wanting to give DS that experience and surprise that kids dream of, albeit only for a few days, and wanting the two weeks of family time to rest and recharge our batteries.

confused

MrsMarsch Tue 07-Jun-16 00:18:12

Disneyland Paris is Ok, but hotels are tired and dated and the service/enthusiasm of the staff is well below par compared to the American parks. Personally, I wouldn't bother again with Paris, could you save up and make the family holiday Florida and have 1 day in Disney USA? If not, stick with the family holiday, Disneyland Paris isn't worth the sacrifice

frazzled74 Tue 07-Jun-16 09:09:22

I would go on holiday and fit in a day at a theme park , defteling? Gardaland? Whilst there.

CotswoldStrife Tue 07-Jun-16 09:18:33

I like DLP (and we are going this year) so I'd pick Paris over the two weeks. Can you have one week instead of two the following year?

kimnews Tue 07-Jun-16 09:19:03

I wouldn't go to Disneyland Paris until April of next year- there are currently massive closures and refurbishments going on ahead of the parks 25th anniversary which starts on April 1st.

manfalou Wed 08-Jun-16 11:05:14

I Love DLP and for the age that your son will be i would choose disney as soon the 'magic' will be gone. We are going to DLP again for the 4th time in 5 years next year for our eldests 4th Birthday. I think after this we'll save up and go to Florida after this as they'll then be more interested in the Rides rather than Mickey Mouse.

If you can stretch to it, try and stay in Hotel New York. Its a lovely hotel, much nicer than the others (never stayed in the disney hotel)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now