Talk

Advanced search

Winter sun holiday advice please!

(5 Posts)
frazzeled Mon 06-Jun-16 12:47:12

My husband is due to be away with work for the next six months - and we would like to book a family holiday somewhere wart when he comes back. Have two children and 5 and 7 - budget of about £3,500. We been something easy, chilled, ideally with a little bit of kids care and access to some water sports.

Thoughts so far were dubai/barbados - but both look very expensive. Had also considered club la santa Lanzarote - but not sure what weather would be like. Any advice would be gratefully received - i need something to look forward to!!!

mummymeister Mon 06-Jun-16 12:51:45

Assume it will have to be school holidays? if so then it will be expensive. have you looked at some of the mark warner type holidays as they would tick all of your boxes. if you are going away in 6 months time are you looking to holiday in December? if so you need to go some way to find it warm so Florida, Safari in south Africa etc. none of the European destinations will be warm enough. what month are you looking at? if outside school hols then it will be cheaper with more choice but not sure what your LEA's view is on holidays in term time.

frazzeled Mon 06-Jun-16 12:57:51

planning to go start of second week of December - school has been very flexible about us taking children out for a week! We've done mark warner/neilson before and that type of thing would be ideal. I can't find winter sun resorts on either of their websites at the moment though.

Thanks of such a prompt response!

Hersetta427 Tue 07-Jun-16 15:40:24

Cape Verde has very good all year weather and great hotels with good facilities.

concertplayer Mon 13-Jun-16 21:58:40

The Canaries are about 23c even in December. I have been many times
Nov/Dec . The only drawback is the sun tends to go in about 4pm
so cool evenings but tons of restaurants to relax in.
The 2-4 weeks before Xmas tend to be dirt cheap too
Agadir in S Morocco will have longer sunny days -also cheap
Egypt is the best money and weather wise but currently not safe

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now