Taking a beach umbrella/tent abroad - etiquette?!

(4 Posts)
ahalfchipshalfricemum Mon 06-Jun-16 11:10:50

We are going to Kelfalonia for our summer hols. I am a bit concerned about finding shade on the beach if it is busy and was considering taking a travel beach umbrella or one of those beach canopy/tent things. I found a lightweight umbrella to buy on Amazon, but really was wondering if it is the done thing?! Are we going to look like Brits Abroad or is it sensible? Do you do this when you go abroad? After being on holiday in the Canaries last year and finding shade scarce I think it is a sensible move, DH thinks not! What do you think? Thanks smile

mouldycheesefan Tue 07-Jun-16 11:13:36

Yes it's fine. Check it will fit in suitcase. A Greek beach without shade may be uncomfortably hot. On some beaches you can hire parasols.

specialsubject Tue 07-Jun-16 13:43:16

Or just buy one when you there and leave it when you go. Someone else will appreciate it.

MaybeDoctor Tue 07-Jun-16 13:55:20

Yes, I have one from Amazon and it is v useful. Loads of local people use them on the Algarve. Umbrella (Foldabrella?) fits in a suitcase, whereas a beach tent would be trickier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now