stopover Calais to cognac

(6 Posts)
franglais1979 Mon 06-Jun-16 09:17:36

Can anyone recommend a stopover between Calais and cognac for two adults/2children. Was thinking around Le Mans area. We don't want to travel too far from the motorway and I'm finding it hard to work out which hotels would be most convenient!

Roundtheworld1 Mon 06-Jun-16 12:50:28

Le Mans is beautiful with its cathedral and rustic looking streets - does it have to be a hotel? DH and I find it much more cost-effective and easier to sort rooms for the kids if we do self-catering. There are loads of properties on airbnb or novasol which gives you more flexibility to choose a location near the motorway smile

No1HolidayPlanner Mon 06-Jun-16 14:40:37

We stayed at a fab b&b ... www.lalunelake.co.uk.. It is not directly off motorway but they serve great food, plenty of space for kids to play and also have a splash pool.smile

franglais1979 Tue 07-Jun-16 14:12:27

Thank you. I've looked at la lune lake but couldn't work out if it was a huge
detour or not.

No1HolidayPlanner Tue 07-Jun-16 15:36:31

Hi.. From memory I think it was about 20 mins out of the way.. We didn't mind as we treated it as part of the holiday.. Stayed there on the way home as well.smile

franglais1979 Wed 08-Jun-16 08:56:58

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now