Talk

Advanced search

Would you go on holiday to Morocco at the moment

(12 Posts)
Janefromupthepark Sun 05-Jun-16 21:44:02

With DC, staying at an apartment in a town for one week and a resort for another?

Terror threat is high but so are lots of other places.

mollyonthemove Sun 05-Jun-16 21:47:49

I was in tangier working last month and it was absolutely fine. Nor a tourist spot particularly I know but I felt completely safe. 😊

lifesuckssometimes Sun 05-Jun-16 21:48:15

Currently looking at holidays too. But scared about Turkey and Morocco, but DH agreed to Turkey tonight. Haven't booked as still not sure. DD going with her family in August and I'm not happy but have to accept it. They went to Hurghada last year and they felt safe.

Guess it's just personal choice. At risk everywhere if it happens, it happens, it's whether you feel comfortable booking IMO.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Sun 05-Jun-16 22:01:23

The Turkish resorts are fine, I have friends living in Bodrum and they feel completely safe there.

I don't know about Morocco but I don't think there is any trouble there, not like Tunisia.

MozzchopsThirty Sun 05-Jun-16 22:04:45

I'm not scared of travelling anywhere but I wouldn't choose Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia or turkey at the moment

sonlypuppyfat Sun 05-Jun-16 22:06:46

No I couldn't relax

mouldycheesefan Tue 07-Jun-16 11:15:17

Not at moment, no.

Noofly Tue 07-Jun-16 19:57:39

I would. We went twice last year and I'd go again in a heartbeat if DH were up for it. I'm busy planning a trip to Chefchaouan with DC if I can't persuade DH to go back to Marrakech. grin

SJane45S Mon 13-Jun-16 20:39:02

We went to Marrakech last year. Agree with the above, the situation appears to be stable. It's not been trouble free in the last ten years but then neither has London, Paris etc. I wouldn't not go based on likelihood of it experiencing trouble but I'd keep an eye on Foreign Office advice. We wouldn't go back purely based on our own experience - I found Marrakech really interesting but my husband hated it (we got lost a lot, hassled a lot and it was difficult to walk around in old Marrakech with a kid and dodging bikes and donkeys- it was all a bit mad). Shame as its a beautiful country with a lot of history! Not sure I'd go to Turkey at the moment (I'd want to revisit Istanbul) but that's just my opinion.

concertplayer Mon 13-Jun-16 21:35:00

I would only go out of season as too hot in the summer.
Nicer in Nov/Dec with long sunny days in Agadir
Not on a par with Turkey which is vast and is just superb all way round

Pissant Tue 14-Jun-16 13:52:19

No.

MadHattersWineParty Tue 14-Jun-16 13:56:11

I am. With DP for a week in early September.

I'm not naive but it has not occurred to me to be worried.

We both live in London and commute centrally every single day though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now