Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

france Liber-T tag

(16 Posts)
thunderpunt Sat 04-Jun-16 16:08:59

I am just looking into our journey down through France at end of July and we are considering a Liber-T tag for the tolls. I have seen a couple of websites we can get them from, but was wondering if anyone has used one before and if they are worth it (or will we find the T lanes of the peage has queues just as long as the normal toll lanes?)
Can anyone recommend which website to purchase the tag from?
Thanks

Berthatydfil Sat 04-Jun-16 16:13:47

We have one it's great.
The lanes are generally quicker as the queues are smaller and you go through them quicker as the barrier lifts as soon as its detected.

thunderpunt Sat 04-Jun-16 16:17:46

Great thanks, I hadn't heard about them (for non French residents I mean) before today.
I don't suppose you remember if you got it from Saneftolling.co.uk or Atmb.com? (Or somewhere else?)

Berthatydfil Sat 04-Jun-16 16:28:53

Err sorry can't remember - will ask dh. We have had it a few years now.
I do know we only pay to use when we are in France

mupperoon Sat 04-Jun-16 16:30:22

I got mine from saneftolling. It's great.

HarrogateMum Wed 08-Jun-16 18:37:51

Saneftolling you'll get it really quickly

Drinksforeveryone Wed 08-Jun-16 19:48:59

I've had one for about 4 years now. It is from the APRR site. (all in French so you need to read it carefuly!)

Charges are for the tolls, and a small amount per month of usage. It has saved so much time and hassle. Plus you get to see how much the tolls added up to at the end of the holiday when you can see your statement.

Have generally been able to whizz straight through the t lanes. No waiting.

Drinksforeveryone Wed 08-Jun-16 19:51:12

was just checking my recent bill for a trip in April.

1.70 euro per month it is used.

Drinksforeveryone Wed 08-Jun-16 19:51:41

This is the one I use aprr

KayJBee Wed 08-Jun-16 19:52:32

We got ours from saneftolling too. Never any queues as you don't actually have to stop, just roll through at a decent speed. 1st time we use it each trip always feels like a bit of a Russian roulette waiting to see if the barrier will open as we keep worrying it will have run out of batteries or something and not work, but it's not failed us yet.
We really like it.

Daffydil Wed 08-Jun-16 19:55:22

Ours is from sanef. It's brilliant. I giggle like a child every time it beeps and we sail through without stopping grin

Morgan Wed 08-Jun-16 19:58:30

We got our ps from Sanef and I love it - almost the best part of the holiday going through the 40kph toll gate . We've had ours for three years now . I'm the same as you KayJBee - always slightly nervous the first time on each trip smile

PaulDacresMicroPenis Wed 08-Jun-16 19:58:55

We got ours 2 years ago with a special offer from Eurotunnel, I think they are still doing it if that's how you're crossing then it'll save you a few euros.

thunderpunt Wed 08-Jun-16 22:04:12

Thanks all for your input, looks like a no brainer- think it will be nerve wracking going through that first toll......shock Will definitely look to,get one. Thanks once again

TellAStory Thu 09-Jun-16 20:56:07

We have used this company and you hire the tag and return it. Worked out cheaper for us www.tolltickets.com/

lovetoskimum Mon 13-Jun-16 16:36:50

We have one too, get one, saves time and you pay the month after travelling !!

Sanef smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now