Talk

Advanced search

Car hire for 7 + 3 suitcases....if you own a large car please tell me....

(8 Posts)
bramblina Sun 29-May-16 22:47:53

I have found a Mercedez for £970 but a Nissan or Citroen C4 Grand Picasso for £670. I'd obviously rather spend less but don't want to be stuck. We only need 6 seats when we arrive but will need all 7 (therefore reducing the boot space) returning to the airport.

If you drive anything large please tell me if we can fit 3 suitcases, 6 cabin bags and 7 people in it?

TIA

mrsmortis Mon 30-May-16 13:28:18

Are you looking at one of the big hire firms? Generally they have icons that tell you how many people/cases a car can take. I use Hertz a lot with work and I've found them to be accurate.

DrarryForever Mon 30-May-16 13:41:21

We have the C4 Grand Picasso and there is no way you'd fit all of that in, I'm afraid. We use the roof box when we do an airport run with all the seats up.
We've always had to book one of those huge Mercedes taxis that look like a van at the other end so that all the people and luggage will fit.

specialsubject Mon 30-May-16 14:01:05

Is it possible for the 7th person to get a taxi back to the airport?

Drinksforeveryone Mon 30-May-16 14:24:55

I also have a Grand C4 Picasso - you would NOT get any suitcases in the back if you use all 7 seats.

There is a very small 'boot' space remaining once the back 2 seats are in use.

ShanghaiDiva Mon 30-May-16 14:29:10

we have a Buick van - 7 seats, but you would struggle to fit 3 large cases and the cabin bags in the boot space which is pretty small. The cabin bags would need to go with the passengers.

ilove Mon 30-May-16 14:35:02

Nissan Elgrand - that'll do it and it's a dream to drive

bramblina Mon 06-Jun-16 00:12:02

Thanks everybody. Have hired a bloody minibus. Cost almost as much as the flights shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now