Talk

Advanced search

Where to stay in Brighton please.

(16 Posts)
saythatagain Sun 29-May-16 15:26:37

Dd (12) wishes to visit Brighton.....and so we thought we'd spend a couple of nights there.
However, we've no idea as to where to stay. We'd like to be centrally situated etc, but would very much like your recommendations.
We're quite open to the quirky/alterternative!
TIA

Caper86 Sun 29-May-16 15:33:56

MyHotel on Jubilee Street is nice - it's in the North Laine.

Then there's lots of hotels along the seafront - Hilton, travel lodge, the grand (if you're feeling flush!).

Brighton is actually a very small city, despite having plenty to do. Wherever you stay - seafront, north laine, south lanes, kemptown - you'll easily be able to walk everywhere! smile

LadyStarkOfWinterfell Sun 29-May-16 15:35:20

I'd look for somewhere either on hove seafront or in kemptown if I were you.

OllyBJolly Sun 29-May-16 15:38:50

Second MyHotel- very nice, reasonable, gorgeous funky rooms, lovely breakfast. Fabulous Indian restaurant next door.

Also, I stayed at Legends last month. On the waterfront, dead cheap, immaculately clean and one of the friendliest places I've ever stayed.

Hiddlesnake Sun 29-May-16 15:39:39

Staying very central with your dd may be a bit noisy/rough. We're right in Stag and Hen weekend season.
Kemptown is much quieter.
We had a lovely (and very reasonable) stay at the Brighton Surf hotel. I'll try and find a link

Hiddlesnake Sun 29-May-16 15:40:53

www.brightonsurf.com/index.php/en/

BIWI Sun 29-May-16 18:38:31

Brighton hotels can be really expensive! MyHotel is lovely, also is Hotel du Vin.

However, the Ibis and Jury's Inn hotels can be much better value, and if you're just after somewhere clean and functional to stay, they'll do the job.

The Seattle is quite a good hotel, but it's a long way out, and the marina area isn't really that nice.

blinkowl Sun 29-May-16 18:44:56

Does it have to be a hotel? There are some nice B&Bs in Brighton, could be a less pricey option. SIL stayed in a lovely on a few years back, just trying to remember the name ...

saythatagain Sun 29-May-16 19:15:41

Yes, a B&B would be fine also. All suggestions welcome!

rocket74 Sun 29-May-16 19:23:49

I had friends visit a while ago and it worked out cheaper for them to stay at the lovely Pelham House in Lewes than it was the travelodge in Brighton! If you are staying a few days and willing to drive or get the train then that's an option too. Lewes is lovely also.
But agree there are probably lots of good b and bs but avoid main streets as it will be noisy.

Toffeelatteplease Sun 05-Jun-16 11:43:53

Umi hotel just near the Brighton Centre on the seafront. The double plus single room we stayed in was huge and fantastically good value. The breakfast was good. ( Although the breakfast room was a bit... ummm... theatrical DD loved it).

MuttonCadet Sun 05-Jun-16 11:46:40

Pelliroco is lovely, also very quirky.

trafalgargal Sun 26-Jun-16 01:13:05

Brighton is one of the places I'd use Airbnb .

jaxxyj Sun 26-Jun-16 01:29:03

I stayed here with my DD when we went to uni of Sussex open day. It was lovely and very quirky!

jaxxyj Sun 26-Jun-16 01:29:24

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/5917435

marmitecrumpets Sun 26-Jun-16 02:09:25

I loved The Amsterdam Hotel when I stayed there a couple of years ago.
What a great city too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now