Talk

Advanced search

accessible short break for £400?

(8 Posts)
GreenGoth89 Thu 26-May-16 13:57:44

I'm a mobility scooter user and looking for a short break for me and DP. We have a budget of £400 and would like it to be for 3 nights but we're having issues finding somewhere that's going to be vaguely accessible and have vaguely accessible things to do. We're not fussed if it's in the UK or not but right now we don't drive so needs to be easy to get to on public transport. Any ideas?

GreenGoth89 Fri 27-May-16 17:17:34

Anyone?

Toffeelatteplease Sun 29-May-16 10:20:19

You need to think about what you want to be doing there and whether that is included in the budget.

If you are limited transport wise city breaks work well, especially a city with a good bus system. On foot/wheelchair we've done Brussels paris Brighton and London, either for the day or longer. Paris was a nightmare (lack of drop kerbs) although their route planner now looks much easier. York is on the cards next. Planning wise it looks good

Premier inn are all now accessible bedroom wise. Some youth hostels seem to be good.

mrsmortis Sun 29-May-16 14:21:45

Where are you starting from? That'll make a big difference to if it's easy to get to on public transport.

In my experience the Holiday Inn Express chain has also had good accessibility.

GreenGoth89 Sun 29-May-16 23:20:08

We're looking for a romantic getaway - I have a feeling he's going to pop the question whilst we're away! We're starting from the Midlands, food and drink won't be included in that and we can probably do some activities outside of the budget too. I thought Dublin but not sure it's accessible. Edinburgh isn't the most accessible but it quite romantic. Want to avoid London, lived there for 6 years and have no desire to go back.

GreenGoth89 Sun 29-May-16 23:20:36

We're looking for a romantic getaway - I have a feeling he's going to pop the question whilst we're away! We're starting from the Midlands, food and drink won't be included in that and we can probably do some activities outside of the budget too. I thought Dublin but not sure it's accessible. Edinburgh isn't the most accessible but it quite romantic. Want to avoid London, lived there for 6 years and have no desire to go back.

NoMoreParades Mon 30-May-16 21:56:34

Berlin, public transport and tourist stuff great for accessibility. Most apartment blocks don't have lifts so newish hotel probably the best bet.

amicissimma Fri 03-Jun-16 16:55:22

Have you thought about a short cruise, eg ? Only 2 nights but all meals included except in Zeebruge/Bruge.

You could get a train from Birmingham New Street to Southampton in just over 2.5 hours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now