Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to Dubai with kids?

(4 Posts)
purplefox Thu 26-May-16 13:21:47

Considering Dubai for October half term with DS (6), anyone else been? Any tips/advice/recommendations?

Lucyccfc Mon 30-May-16 09:47:06

Been a few times.

Weather will be lovely at that time of the year.

My DS liked Wild Wadi and Atlantis, but he is a bit older than your DS. Dubai Mall was good for a trip up the Burj and a boat ride round the fountains on the lake. Aquarium was good too. Dubai children's city was a good day out.

Have you considered Abu Dhabi? We much prefer it to Dubai.

Yas Waterpark is brilliant. Cycling round the Formula One track on a Tuesday night was pretty cool. Heritage village is good and the Falcon hospital was an amazing experience. AD always feels a lot more family friendly and smaller than Dubai. All a bit fur coat and no knickers kind of place.

SharingMichelle Mon 30-May-16 09:54:15

I lived there with my three. Meh. There are much much nicer (and cheaper) places to go. It's all shopping malls, food courts, fakery. I mean there are hotels with swimming pools (and nice views of cranes swinging overhead), and water parks... but I'm sure there are water parks in nicer places.

No history or culture. It's fine if you have to be there but i can't imagine choosing to go there when you could be in Italy or Portugal or well, most other places.

SJane45S Wed 01-Jun-16 18:44:38

Have to agree with SharingMichelle - also lived there and I'd pass! There are nice areas in the Emirates I'd go back to but not Dubai! If you fancy holidaying in the region, Oman's prettier, got a lot more history and some of the glitz if that appeals!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now