Has anyone been to Gibraltar?

(6 Posts)
Noofly Wed 25-May-16 16:02:47

I'd like to take DC to Chefchaouan and looking into it, it might be easiest to fly to Gibraltar, have a day there then take the ferry from Algeciras to Tangiers, grand taxi to Chefchaouan and then again in reverse. The other option is to fly to Marrakech and night train it to Tangier.

We've already been to Marrakech, so I thought Gibraltar might be a bit different? Has anyone been/is it worth a couple of days as a stopover point?

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Wed 25-May-16 16:10:38

I've been twice on cruise excursions. It's worth a day or two but no longer I'd say, you can go on tours up the rock itself and into the caves, down to the lighthouse and there is a beach. The history is fascinating and the views are great but the town itself is not terribly interesting unless you want to buy duty free watches etc.

Frazzled2207 Wed 25-May-16 16:14:14

Sounds like an ok plan- gib is worth a day or two. Your kids will like the monkeys. And ferry is easy.

Noofly Thu 26-May-16 11:50:23

Thanks, I think we'll do that route then. We won't have too too long in Gibraltar. I'm thinking one afternoon and then head for Morocco the next morning and then a part afternoon and morning on the way back. It's not somewhere I'd ever thought about going so may as well use it as a stopover.

Dowser Fri 27-May-16 23:43:21

Yes, twice when staying in Torremolinos.

It's worth a look . Apes were good fun.

Not somewhere I'd want to spend a long time there though.

TrickyD Sat 28-May-16 19:29:22

Fine for a day. Don't get bitten by an ape. I did!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now