Advanced search

Replacment passport

(2 Posts)
anothertruckbook Tue 24-May-16 19:04:35

I had to send my daughter's passport to the child benefit office because she was born overseas. Fast forward 3 weeks and we are due to go on holiday in 10 days. It hasn't been returned yet and I'm not getting much help from the child benefit office. They have updated my need for a call back to urgent, so hopefully I'll hear from them tomorrow about when I can expect the passport.
My question is: if it isn't going to be here on time, or there's a risk of that, can I register the passport as lost and get a 1 week fast track new one? Or can I not do that because technically it isn't lost - -it's just somewhere in the child benefits office.

IceMaiden73 Tue 24-May-16 20:02:33

I think you would have to ring the passport office and ask but I suspect the answer is no

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now