Talk

Advanced search

Holiday Prep

(4 Posts)
KayeK Tue 17-May-16 22:02:35

Hi All,

I'm travelling for the first time abroad with my 8 1/2 month baby and I'm trying to make sure I have everything I need. Well the essentials anyway. Do you think I really need to sterilise the bottles whilst I'm away or would washing it in boiling water and fairy liquid not do the job ? I know a few people that haven't sterilised bottles since there baby was 3/6 months and have had no issues. I'm staying in a hotel so I don't have access to microwave or kettle ( but taking a travel kettle ). Any advise would be great 😀

mummymeister Wed 18-May-16 12:12:01

Completely depends on where you are going as you haven't said which country.

if you can drink the water then I would say washing out is fine. take some sterilising tablets with you just in case. your lo is very likely to have an upset tummy the first day or so with the change of water so don't be surprised by this.

dementedpixie Wed 18-May-16 12:15:23

You could take a tub and sterilising tablets and cold water sterilise the bottles. I would imagine it's more important to sterilise while abroad than when at home. Depending on where you are going you should probably use bottled water for formula feeding and it needs boiling before use. Choose one with the lowest sodium content.

dementedpixie Wed 18-May-16 12:17:41

www.amazon.co.uk/Tommee-Tippee-Essentials-Microwave-Steriliser/dp/B00FW65ED0/ref=sr_1_2?s=baby&ie=UTF8&qid=1463570166&sr=1-2#productDetails - can be used as both a microwave steriliser and cold water steriliser

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now