Talk

Advanced search

Suggestions weekend break, abroad, pretty, scenic, romantic

(11 Posts)
SunnySummerDays Mon 16-May-16 00:13:28

For our silver anniversary . Five days to a week. Any suggestions please, as I'm finding it hard ! We've never been away without the children before ! Would ideally like sunshine , pretty coastline, coves, where we can walk . Not bothered about looking at loads monuments. Things I like are gorgeous scenery , nature, and being outside ! I don't want shop, don't want anywhere too noisy. All seems a lot to ask really! We'd been recommended Florence , beautiful hotel, but no coast , and id be fed up looking at monuments after a day !
What about sorrento?
I'd love any more suggestions please . Thanks

MiddleClassProblem Mon 16-May-16 00:16:43

Ha! Read title and was going to suggest Florence as its my fav city. Relaxed, no coast but a river. You don't have to look at monuments, you can eat!

But failing that, how about the south of France or Sicily?

SealSong Mon 16-May-16 01:03:28

One of the smaller Greek islands, such as Skopelos which is gorgeous.

SunnySummerDays Mon 16-May-16 08:00:37

Skopelos looks gorgeous but can't find any flights , even via skiathos

Bubble2bubble Mon 16-May-16 08:05:57

Corsica. Very little in the way of sightseeing to do, but stunningly beautiful scenery and very quiet.

LIZS Mon 16-May-16 08:06:48

Italian lakes - Maggiore or Como?

OddS0cks Tue 24-May-16 08:37:52

Venice has the canal based city and you can get a water taxi to the beach
It is a bit marmite, you either love it or hate it. I loved it.
You could do a couple of days in Florence, then get train to Venice

Marrakesh the Medina/market is incredible daytime and evening. Sit in a cafe and watch what is going on
You could combine this with a couple of days in the mountains

Madeira is green

Iceland is beautiful and unusual

Santorini is on my list of places to go

Happy anniversary

specialsubject Tue 24-May-16 09:39:44

Lisbon or nearby?

mrsmortis Tue 24-May-16 14:07:18

How much money do you have to spend?

Bermuda is glorious. But it definitely won't be cheap. Flights out of Gatwick. Beautiful scenery, interesting history, beaches to die for.

OddS0cks Tue 24-May-16 22:49:30

Adding Northern Scotland, Skye, Hebrides or Ireland
If the weather is good, beautiful

Auntpodder Tue 24-May-16 22:56:37

If summer - Ile de Re - fly into La Rochelle. Bugger all museums unless you like learning about salt production but a gorgeous little island French like to keep to themselves with great cycling/walking. In Italy, Ravello rather than Sorrento, I'd say (better walking, quieter) but it's expensive. Mallorca, around the Deia/Soller area. Santorini (slightly out of season) - but very expensive

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now