Talk

Advanced search

Am I in the wrong?

(7 Posts)
Notsunkinyet Fri 13-May-16 13:33:01

So, I have an 11 week old baby. In September, my partner and I would love to get away on a holiday before I return to work after my mat leave.
We were going to take our little boy but decided he wouldn't really get much out of it at 6 months old and we would probably spend the whole time trying to keep him out of the sun or bustle of a city rather than relax.
So thought we would les e him with my parents for a few days (who would love to have him) But when I mentioned this to one mother recently she looked at me gone out like I was a terrible Mum!
Thoughts please..,,

savasanaaa Fri 13-May-16 13:36:31

Different strokes for different folks. I still haven't left 2 y/o DS overnight- partly because he is a terrible sleeper, partly because I am a bit over anxious about these things. I have friends like me who haven't left their DCs & friends who have. Whatever works for you & your baby!

Notsunkinyet Fri 13-May-16 13:40:14

My baby boy sleeps through the night and my parents would love to have him - just for 4 days.
We promised ourselves we would give him all the love and attention he deserves but we would make time for us as a couple too.
We aren't mean - we would take him when we go away at Christmas or in February when he will get much more out of it.
Just her reaction!
I'm like you - whatever works for you and your family.

bitofabelly Sat 14-May-16 07:40:04

Hi there, just wanted to respond. First rule of parenting: there are no awards for spending every second of your life with your kids. Couple time is important. 4 days is no big deal and will give you a bit of you time. Your baby will be fine with grandparents who adore him. And you will have a blast. There will always be begrudgers....each to their own, make your choice, stick to it and enjoy and don't feel like you have to justify to anyone. Have fun!!!!

Notsunkinyet Sat 14-May-16 07:59:03

Thanks bitofabelly.
Thanks everybody.
Glad I joined up to this site and heard other opinions! smile

donajimena Sat 14-May-16 08:05:25

You go and enjoy! I would have loved to have had a child free break at that stage.
I'm getting one in October.. they are 11 & 13. grin
One of my good friends hasn't left her 5 year old for one night. We are all different.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Mon 16-May-16 20:35:07

It is your choice. I personally wouldn't go away without my children, I have never even left them for a night but my parents left me with my grandparents when I was a baby once for a few days and I know people who have done it too.

If you are happy to leave him then don't worry about what others think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now