Baby formula not available in airport!?

(25 Posts)
CharliAliciaLuke Tue 10-May-16 13:56:09

Travelling with an 8 month old baby in four weeks. He is on Aptamil Anti Reflux milk and after looking into buying it from the airport to stay away from any airport security dramas I've found out I can't buy it from superdrug which is the only shop I can get it from in the airport! No idea what to do! Going for ten days so will need a full box too! confused

SmallBee Tue 10-May-16 13:57:51

Is it possible to order it online for an instore pickup to the airport shop?

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Tue 10-May-16 13:58:53

Csnt bit it because Superdrug don't sell it, or because they don't have it in stock in that branch? Because if it's a stock issue ask if you can order it to collect when you get there. a I've done this at an airport boots for other stuff before.

CharliAliciaLuke Tue 10-May-16 14:02:33

The only airport shop they have is superdrug!? Is it possible to do it to a shop that has nothing to do with what your buying? Pooping my pants!!

CharliAliciaLuke Tue 10-May-16 14:03:33

They don't sell the anti reflux version of his milk. And I don't think I dare take him off the reflux milk just yet x

MrsJayy Tue 10-May-16 14:04:44

Ring the airport and ask them what to do what a bloody faff though

CMOTDibbler Tue 10-May-16 14:04:55

If its powder, then just take the sealed carton with you, there won't be any drama

herethereandeverywhere Tue 10-May-16 14:06:05

Are you referring to buying the liquid? Can't you just buy it before you go and pack it into luggage to be checked in? I think exceptions are made for milk which they will consume on the journey (read specific airport guidelines though.) Could you just use powder for the travel and the liquid from your case afterwards?

dementedpixie Tue 10-May-16 14:06:24

I agree just to take it if it is powder as the security issues are with liquids not powders.

MatthewWrightResearch Tue 10-May-16 14:06:47

Take powdered milk and ask for hot water after security or on the flight.

CharliAliciaLuke Tue 10-May-16 14:07:23

Thank you. I will try calling them and seeing what they say, seen too many posts about having to through things away before you go through. Thank you guys grin

dementedpixie Tue 10-May-16 14:07:35

I don't even think you can buy it in liquid form

dementedpixie Tue 10-May-16 14:08:12

There is no issue at all with taking formula powder, only with taking liquids

dementedpixie Tue 10-May-16 14:09:13

Stick some in your hold luggage and then take enough for your journey in your hand luggage

CharliAliciaLuke Tue 10-May-16 14:09:27

No you can't buy in liquid form. I sad you can't buy it in liquid form but have been told that at my particular airport they are funny with powders.

MrsJayy Tue 10-May-16 14:10:18

Oh well if it's powder just take it with you

dementedpixie Tue 10-May-16 14:11:04

of course they won't make you throw powdered formula away. I think you are worrying about nothing.

MatthewWrightResearch Tue 10-May-16 14:11:33

Security will put the powder in a machine to test it, I travelled with 2 under 2 on a long haul flight so had alot of milk/jars etc everything apart from the ready made cartons was fine.

JeanGenie23 Tue 10-May-16 14:11:33

Ring airport, if they are funny ask them what they suggest you feed your child!!

ForeverLivingMyArse Tue 10-May-16 14:12:42

They can be as 'funny' as they like, you can take it through.

Artandco Tue 10-May-16 14:12:44

You can take liquid in hand luggage, just need to take spare as they will want to test a few so they will be opened

So if you need x4 cartons on average day, take x10 in hand luggage to allow for a few being opened and any delays. They have a machine at airports to test now and usually just open two cartons at random. So have empty bottle handy and you can feed one to baby soon after and just dispose of one that's been opened too long

You can also take powder through no issues. Take empty flask and can ask a restaurant after security to fill with hot water for you also.

If you can take some liquid and some powder you should have most options covered

dementedpixie Tue 10-May-16 14:14:27

You don't get the milk in liquid form so OP will not be able to take cartons. There should be no issues with taking the formula powder through security.

BiddyPop Tue 10-May-16 14:16:01

I agree - a sealed carton, and a letter from the GP to state that he has medical issues (state them) and that the DC needs this formula.

ForeverLivingMyArse Tue 10-May-16 14:19:30

Don't get a letter from the gp there's absolutely no need!

dementedpixie Tue 10-May-16 14:21:17

No need for a letter

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now