Talk

Advanced search

Uh oh... ill night before holiday

(7 Posts)
HaggisMuncher Sun 08-May-16 01:34:54

My husband, ds and I are due to leave for the airport in five hours for holiday in Europe. I am currently sat in the bathroom after having been sick again and with mild case of runs (delightful I know!). If this continues intermittently until the morning what do I do? Cancel everyone's holidays or see I can catch them up later? We are of course flying with Ryan Air so I doubt there is much chance of being able to change our flights. Help!

Kirriemuir Sun 08-May-16 09:00:27

Oh no. How are you feeling now?

EsmesBees Sun 08-May-16 09:04:22

Catch up later. You don't want to risk passing it round either your family, or the plane full of strangers.

HaggisMuncher Sun 08-May-16 09:22:06

Opted to delay for a couple of days. Inevitably I haven't been as poorly since we made that decision and think husband is bit disappointed but we had to make a decision. I'm never ill! Talk about rubbish timing...

specialsubject Sun 08-May-16 10:58:27

Hope you feel better. Ring your travel insurers.

Frazzled2207 Sun 08-May-16 11:06:35

Speak to ryanair about changing your flight and send the others as planned. You need to stay at home and rest but you'll probably be ok in 24-48 hours.
Travel insurance should help with costs if it's you.

Frazzled2207 Sun 08-May-16 11:07:43

Oh just seen your update.
Sods law but you never know. I once was forced to take a flight when very ill and it was horrid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now