Talk

Advanced search

Spending Money...

(7 Posts)
MumGoneCrazy Thu 05-May-16 20:01:27

We are having our very first holiday abroad in 4 weeks, it's 7 days all inclusive in menorca but I'm not sure how much spending money we would realistically need. Is £600 enough?
Family of 6, DC are 15, 10, 9 & 6 as it's all inclusive we won't be eating out much but would like to do a boat trip, trip to water park and maybe visit a market.
I've never been out of the UK and really wanted to get in a family holiday before DS goes to college in September and wants to do his own thing but saving money has been a struggle for us and can't really afford more than £600-700

Justmuddlingalong Thu 05-May-16 20:05:43

That'll be plenty. Some days you will spend more, some days less, so it always evens itself out. I hope you all have a wonderful time. wine

MumGoneCrazy Thu 05-May-16 20:14:58

Thank you, first time flying and slightly claustrophobic so I'm a little panicky but excitement is overtaking that at moment, I just want to give the DC a holiday they'll remember that's not in a caravan grin

revealall Thu 05-May-16 20:22:26

I would also go onto Tripadvisor " forum" for Menorca and write a post saying you'd like to do the boat trip,water park etc.etc on a budget.
Like MN there is always someone who will know a way to save a few quid, whether it be vouchers, special online rates or best times to go.

Have a fabulous time!

Justmuddlingalong Thu 05-May-16 20:24:42

I have fond memories of caravan holidays, but I know what you mean! I hate flying, but see it as a necessary evil of having a lovely break. One large Glayva with ice settles my nerves and is the very 1st part of my holiday. wink

mamabluestar Sat 07-May-16 08:16:18

We (me, Dh, dd7, ds4) went to Lanzarote last year and took £200 in cash, with money left in the bank for day trips. We ended up paying for 2 day trips in cash and didnt touch the money in the bank.

Holidays can be as expensive as you make them. When we have been all inclusive I always feel that we have paid a premium for it and that we need less money when we are actually on holiday.

Hope you have an amazing time

dementedpixie Sat 07-May-16 22:03:01

That will be plenty (maybe too much!) if you are AI. We probably take that for 2 weeks away but also have credit cards as back up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now