first time travelling with toddler advice re which cheapie stroller to get

(6 Posts)
mustthinkofabetterusername Thu 05-May-16 15:20:03

Will be travelling in a few weeks with toddler to the Mediterranean. Had initially planned to bring our travel system (good, robust etc). But have succumbed to peer and family pressure, to buy a "cheapie" buggy/stroller to take on airplane. Also it will be lighter for use when away. Apparently this is the done thing. Not my first choice, but it's been decided, so going with that plan.

There are currently baby events around e.g. Argos, Mothercare discount etc. But I'm uneducated re: which stroller to get (three wheels, four wheels, does it matter?). Our accomodation is close to the beach, so we won't need it for carting everything for the day. The main purpose it will serve will be in airports and also going out each evening for meal. The plan is to feed dc in our accomodation, play, change into jammies, do milk, brush teeth, story etc, and then go out for evening. I hope dc will fall asleep in stroller, so dp and I can go out for meal.
So a being able to fully recline the back, is a must.

Has anyone any advice?
Best buys you would recommend?
Any turkeys to avoid?

TIA mumsnet!

Misty9 Thu 05-May-16 22:52:27

We've rated our cheap zeta vooom, originally bought for the same reason you're looking. It has a huge hood for shade and reclines almost all the way. Good luck getting dc to sleep while you eat though - we've never managed it!

Ruthiesj Thu 05-May-16 22:59:03

Read the title thinking the thread was going to be sci-fi elated. Oops!

*Sorry, I've nothing useful to add!

Ruthiesj Thu 05-May-16 22:59:29

*related

Miloarmadillo1 Thu 05-May-16 23:01:10

Me too. I'm a bit disappointed you are not intending to time-travel.

mustthinkofabetterusername Fri 06-May-16 22:59:39

thanks misty9

rotfl!!!!! that's brilliant! unfortunately not time travel this time ...... but we will be crossing into another time zone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now