Talk

Advanced search

Ugh fruitless searching AGAIN! Inspire me with summer holiday ideas please I'm desperate.

(16 Posts)
Wherediditland Mon 02-May-16 21:31:03

Two adults two DC 8-12
Like activity,sports, swimming pools, eating out and things to see and do.

Not big drinkers, don't like long car journeys, like it warm but not sit in the sunbathers.

Have a couple of long weekends and a week to book for this summer:

Have previously done mark Warner and was ok but a bit too structured and too expensive for this year.
Like hiking in UK and cycling hols but Lake District too far.

Ideas ideas ideas!

Scotland? Any good package cycling holidays? Any good villa sites or holiday areas?

Open to anything really but ideally not too far flung

Thank you! Fire away.....

mummymeister Tue 03-May-16 08:05:30

we went to vassiliki with ocean elements on a watersports holiday. they provide breakfast only and sailing, windsurfing etc. great for a week away but wouldn't want to do any longer as we don't like structure of any kind on holiday.

titchy Tue 03-May-16 08:08:08

Zell am see in Austria? Walking, lake, food, plenty of trips.

Seeyounearertime Tue 03-May-16 08:13:07

where are you op?
If Lake district is too far i won't suggest anywhere out of the country.

Seems you're near Scotland though so i would suggest:
www.argyllholidays.com/parks/loch-lomond-holiday-park
if you scroll down a little way there is details about TreeZone, Cycling and lots of other activities right near them.

5Foot5 Wed 04-May-16 23:05:22

Where are you starting from if you would consider Scotland but Lake District is too far?

Have you looked at Arran. That's easy to get to and has loads of activities - hiking, cycling, pony trekking etc.

MakeLemonade Wed 04-May-16 23:09:08

Italian lakes would be good if that's not too far for you. You can pick up cheap flights to Milan, rent accommodation pretty reasonably too and there's plenty to do in terms of activities. It's warm but mountain breeze keeps it feeling cool.

SealSong Wed 04-May-16 23:10:49

Surf school in Cornwall?

Was also going to suggest Lake Garda but if you prefer more of a package how about a Robinson Club? Plenty of activities but more laid back than Mark Warner. I really fancy the Portugal one

SpanielPlusToddler Wed 04-May-16 23:13:37

Loads of places to stay and things to do around Aviemore, if you fancy Scotland.

revealall Thu 05-May-16 17:04:56

Do a fly cruise? Every stop has some sort of activity based tour - cycling, water rafting etc. Or you get to look round somewhere interesting.

On half days or any at sea days you have pools, climbing walls and other on board activities.

rookiemere Thu 05-May-16 21:44:04

French ski resorts in the summer are meant to be fab. Moraine I think has mountain biking where you can bring your bikes up on the lifts which they convert for the summer. Hill walking, canoeing/white water rafting, usually have an outdoor lake/pool.
Should be able to pick up accommodation not too expensively and could fly to Geneva and either hire a car or have transfers.

ErgonomicallyUnsound Mon 09-May-16 07:16:32

Hotel Poiano, Garda. Book direct with hotel. Flights with EasyJet to Verona. Or package with Thomson there.

Ticks all your boxes.

Costacoffeeplease Mon 09-May-16 09:45:33

Carvoeiro in the Algarve? Swimming pools/sea, tennis golf, 45 minutes from Faro, lots of villas and apartments (although it may be difficult to get school holiday availability now) and lots of choice of restaurants

pratiaalba Mon 09-May-16 09:56:24

Budget would help too smile

Ancienchateau Mon 09-May-16 11:17:06

Cycling through Loire Valley this is meant to be great easy to organise yourself though.

Dowser Sat 14-May-16 21:24:53

I've stayed at Avoriaz, French ski resort in summer. Morzine and les linderlais goat village out of this world.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now