Talk

Advanced search

Can 75ml of roll-on deoderant go in hand luggage?

(12 Posts)
TrainBridge Tue 26-Apr-16 14:50:21

I haven't flown for ten years, and am very out of date about the rules. I can see that there are limits on liquids and that they need to be in a particular size of re-sealable plastic bag (which I'm about to search for) but is a 75ml roll-on deoderant OK to go in hand baggage?

I'm really quite smelly unless I use this specific one, and it's not available in supermarkets, so I really don't want to end up spending a week without it...

torthecatlady Tue 26-Apr-16 14:51:59

Yes smile it has to be under 100 ml. You will need to put it in a clear bag, these are provided for free at the airport.. Have a nice trip!

AllPowerfulLizardPerson Tue 26-Apr-16 14:53:04

Yes, but it must fit inside the specified plastic bag (just the one, containing all liquids you want in your hand luggage, none individually bigger than 100ml, and that means if full - half full bigger bottle not allowed)

dementedpixie Tue 26-Apr-16 14:54:18

Yes you can have containers of 100 ml or under and they have to fit in a clear resealable bag 20x20cm. I use a small resealable freezer bag as they are around the right size.

dementedpixie Tue 26-Apr-16 14:55:25

And don't rely on the airport to provide it free as some charge (I'm sure Manchester charged for them).

dementedpixie Tue 26-Apr-16 14:58:11

www.gov.uk/hand-luggage-restrictions/overview

NattyGolfJerkin Tue 26-Apr-16 15:02:09

Yes, lots of airports charge £1 for plastic bags. I normally put mine in a large ziplock food / freezer bag

TrainBridge Tue 26-Apr-16 15:36:43

Great, thanks! I can decant everything else I use, but I just couldn't work out how on earth to do anything about a roll-on.

Also, does anyone know whether things like face cream have to go into the the clear plastic bag? It's not a liquid, but I've looked at gov.uk and toothpaste has to, and cream doesn't seem that different to toothpaste.

dementedpixie Tue 26-Apr-16 15:40:35

Yes any creams,pastes, lipsticks, etc would go on the bag. If in doubt stick it in!

dementedpixie Tue 26-Apr-16 15:42:28

From the .gov site:

cosmetics and toiletries, including creams, lotions, oils, perfumes, mascara and lip gloss

specialsubject Tue 26-Apr-16 15:54:56

liquids, gels and pastes.

NOT just liquids as too many seem to think.

so that's all slap, toiletries etc etc.

TrainBridge Tue 26-Apr-16 16:31:49

Lucky I don't wear make-up, then grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now