Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Alternatives to PGL for adventure / sporty holidays

(6 Posts)
clare21 Mon 25-Apr-16 17:23:18

My 12 year old B G twins are on for a week on a residential camp this summer. They're not fans of PGL both secondary school and primary trips weren't a great intro, so I need to find an alternative. They're 12. Any recommendations, south of England / south east would be best.

AdvocateNotAdvocat Mon 25-Apr-16 17:26:39

Blacklands Farm nr East Grinstead do activity holidays. DS(12) went their with Scouts.

AnnaForbes Mon 25-Apr-16 17:26:51

I've just booked Centre Parcs at Longleat, loads to do but less organised than PGL. Huge range of activities to suit all ages. We've done PGL too and we loved it but the accommodation was pretty shabby compared to CP.

mummymeister Tue 26-Apr-16 08:38:34

have you looked at things like sailing on a tall ship? there are various trust around that offer one week sailing for kids and it would be something different.

NapQueen Tue 26-Apr-16 08:42:44

Mill on the Brue in Bruton, Somerset.

clare21 Tue 26-Apr-16 20:48:23

Thanks everyone. NapQueen Mill on the Brue, looks fantastic and right up their street. This is a solo trip for them together, so Centre Parcs not right this time but they loved it. I'll look into sailing too as another option.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now