Talk

Advanced search

Weather in Cape Town end April/star of May

(7 Posts)
Wallykazam Mon 18-Apr-16 17:44:25

Hi, we're off to Cape Town for two weeks on Saturday, just wondering what to pack clothing wise especially for my 2 daughters (age 2 and 3). It's supposed to be Autumn but I'm told it does get hot in the day... So very confused.

Thanks in advance.

revealall Wed 20-Apr-16 20:40:42

I went that time a few years ago and we had the worse storms for 20 years!

It is Autumn but I would say hotter than ours, so think Indian summer but with early chilly nights.
The light quality is much better/ stronger though so feels brighter than our Autumns by miles.

Wallykazam Wed 20-Apr-16 21:57:12

Great, thanks for your input 👍😀

ISeeIt Wed 20-Apr-16 22:01:13

We've just come back and the temp was actually rising towards the end of our fortnight stay - was up to 30! Beaches are pretty windy though so can feel a lot colder. You won't need coats but long sleeves etc is a good plan

capercaillie Wed 20-Apr-16 22:02:27

I went 8 May a couple of years ago. Yes the days could be warm - but they could also be chilly if it wasn't sunny.
Don't just pack sandals as my colleague did! Pack a warm layer and possibly a waterproof. I guess it's similar to here at the moment and fairly variable.
It's a beautiful city and area - I'd love to go back. You have to take your children to Boulders beach to see the penguins!

NanoTechMum Wed 20-Apr-16 22:05:40

It is windy and rainy here in Cape Town tonight! Rain expected for the next couple of days. Most of next week is a high of 20 degrees and about 30% chance of rain each day.

We are still wearing t-shirts in the day but our winter pj's at night. We haven't yet had to put the fire on but I was planning on giving it a good clean this weekend in preparation.

Have a great holiday!

Wallykazam Wed 20-Apr-16 22:49:47

Thank you everyone 👍 So jeans and t-shirt weather, not shorts then...? And yes will be packing sandals 😀

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now