Talk

Advanced search

Body Search

(3 Posts)
Reapwhatyousow Fri 15-Apr-16 17:14:28

It's been a good while since I travelled by plane. Since then I've had breast cancer, successful treatment etc. It's only recently that I have taken up wearing/inserting enhancements to balance myself out ifyswim. My question is, will this set off alarms?! I will be wearing Jo Thornton inserts. Many thanks x

BarbaraofSeville Sat 16-Apr-16 19:54:22

You won't set off any alarms as long as you aren't wearing/carrying any metal. i normally wear an underwired bra and they only rarely set off metal detectors.

If you are randomly selected for a pat down, which seems to be quite rare, it will be by a female security officer and they only really skim around the bra area. You could mention your inserts at this point, but I'm sure that it won't be an issue.

I have once being taken for further examination behind a curtain and they were very nice - they said my bra had set off the metal detector. I had to take my top off but not my bra and they just prodded it a bit.

It could have been this particular airport having the scanners on high sensivitiy (Inverness) because I know a couple of other people who have had the same treatment there and it is the only time anything like this has happened to me in probably close to a hundred flights.

Reapwhatyousow Mon 18-Apr-16 18:15:35

Thank you for answering BarbaraofSeville - I feel reassured now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now