Talk

Advanced search

Looking for an aparthotel or 2bed apart on beach somewhere?

(9 Posts)
Craftycakey15 Wed 13-Apr-16 11:54:28

I want to go away this June somewhere sunny in Europe. We need two double bedrooms (not one beds plus sofa bed) and to be on the beach.
Can anyone recommend either a hotel with apartments or other accommodation somewhere lovely?

Craftycakey15 Fri 15-Apr-16 21:32:41

Bump?

janethegirl2 Fri 15-Apr-16 21:35:56

Try White Sands Beach Club in Menorca, it has its own private beach and it is possible to swim to the main beach to hire a pedallo with small slide. Great fun for the kids.

I should say it was years ago that we went there though.

NicknameUsed Sat 16-Apr-16 16:51:53

We stayed here a few years ago and loved it. It ticked all the right boxes for us. We aren't bothered about a sandy beach though. If you want sand then this is not for you.

Also, the pool is not for non swimmers, but, again that wasn't an issue for us.

Costacoffeeplease Sat 16-Apr-16 17:06:24

Right on the beach, or just walking distance?

Craftycakey15 Sat 16-Apr-16 18:36:25

I will be six months pregnant so not more than few minutes walk.

Craftycakey15 Sat 16-Apr-16 18:37:35

Thanks to the others for replies. I never would have thought of Menorca as I thought it was full of pensioners!

NicknameUsed Sat 16-Apr-16 19:36:02

My image of Menorca is one of families with small children.

We absolutely loved Croatia, one of the reasons being that it wasn't too British. We felt that we were properly abroad - no all day English breakfasts, no nightclubs, no bars selling English beer etc.

Costacoffeeplease Sat 16-Apr-16 19:37:48

Ok have a look at Carvoeiro in the Algarve (I live here) lots of self catering apartments, Monte Dourado is the closest to the beach

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now