Pushchair recommendations - for a holiday

(8 Posts)
mandbaby Tue 12-Apr-16 09:39:27

We're travelling to Florida next year with our daughter who will be almost three. We use an iCandy peach at home but I obviously need to buy a buggy just for taking abroad. Something light, but strong. Sturdy and large enough to carry a big bag for a picnic and all the paraphanelia needed for a day out. And preferably, one that can recline to allow her to take naps and also with a decent sunshade.

I don't really want to spend more than £100 as it is going to get thrown around by Customs at the airport. Any recommendations?

NotMrsTumble Tue 12-Apr-16 09:50:09

I'd go cheap and cheerful, keep an eye on lidl and aldi for their baby events. I got a Hauck sport umbrella stroller for exactly the same pupose for under £20, full recline, hood, cup holder, lockable swivel wheels. Lightweight and sturdy.

mandbaby Tue 12-Apr-16 10:23:32

And did you get that from Aldi/Lidl? Sounds perfect.

NotMrsTumble Tue 12-Apr-16 10:43:20

Was from Aldi, they run baby events every few months and will often have a Hauck pushchair included. Think the last one wasn't umbrella fold but varies every time. Worth keeping an eye on both - you can get an app for each so you know what specials they have coming into store.

dinkystinky Tue 12-Apr-16 10:47:40

second hand city mini is probably your best bet - good storage space, easy to fold, decent sized sunshade and big enough for a nearly 3 year old.

mandbaby Tue 12-Apr-16 10:56:22

Will look out for a City Mini - thanks. Never heard of them. It's been six years since I last shopped for a buggy!

Misty9 Tue 12-Apr-16 22:56:18

I would recommend the zeta vooom stroller. Very big hood for shade, reclines enough for napping, umbrella fold and carry handle, and cheap! About £60 now I think and we're in our second in 4 years. The only snag is not a great storage basket and you can't get to it if the seat is reclined. But that's what rucksacks are for smile

Silvertap Thu 14-Apr-16 06:59:50

I just got a maclaren quest on eBay for £40. Reclines flat, light, easy to fold and still in great condition.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now