Talk

Advanced search

Disneyland paris

(20 Posts)
Amy214 Sun 10-Apr-16 14:53:37

We are going away to france this september and i managed to convince everyone else to go to disneyland paris (yay!) can we go around the 2 parks in one day? We're planning on going on a sunday so its open from 10am to 10pm and we are staying there all day having lunch, dinner etc.. (planning to take sandwiches with us is possible) is it worth it going to the walt disney studios aswell? What is there to do in the park? I think im more excited than dd

theendoftheshowshow Sun 10-Apr-16 15:20:25

Weekends are always busier, but if you are there once schools are back it may be a bit quieter I would think.

In all honesty one day in each park would be much better.

How old is your dd? The bigger rides are in the studios so it depends if you are going for characters or rides.

If you only do one though, I guess the main park with the castle is the iconic one as it were.

Amy214 Sun 10-Apr-16 15:34:51

Dd will be 2 1/2 so mainly going for characters and hopefully family themed rides

Kirriemuir Sun 10-Apr-16 16:27:11

One day, one park. Weekends can be busy as the locals tend to go then. Week days are quieter but it will depend of European holidays such as uk, Germany, Spain, Italy etc.

What to do? Too much to mention. If you only have 1 day then start researching. Go to the trip advisor page and start reading.

Amy214 Sun 10-Apr-16 18:04:53

We're going to paris for 1 week and we know we want to see the eiffel tower, le louvre and the notre dame, we've planned to go to disney land on the wednesday instead we did want to go to the catacombs aswell but im not sure if thats appropriate for a 2 year old. We went last year for one day and it was hard to do anything.

theendoftheshowshow Sun 10-Apr-16 21:09:48

At 2.5 don't bother with the studios if you only have one day.

theendoftheshowshow Sun 10-Apr-16 21:11:32

To be honest a week in Paris is a strange destination to me with a 2.5 yr old.

Amy214 Mon 11-Apr-16 15:00:28

How is it strange? We're going to disneyland i just wanted to know if it was worth going to the two parks but ive since read that the studios have bigger rides so its pointless going to that one. We're going to the main park only for one day. And the caravan park we are staying at has plenty of things to do for a 2.5 yo

mouldycheesefan Tue 12-Apr-16 08:32:24

I would rethink the Wednesday at Disneyland Paris. That is the busiest weekday as French schools are off on a Wednesday.
Just do Disneyland park, fantasyland will be nice for the toddler. Studios is a whole other day.
To meet characters expect to queue for up to an hour or have a character meal and then you don't need to queue. You will see the characters in the parades anyway. Take the buggy and know that toddler won't be able to do all the rides.
Use fast passes where possible. Queues vary from none to an hour. If you do five - seven rides in a day, you are doing well. Definitely fast pass for Peter Pan and snow white rides.
I agree with pp about Paris being strange holiday choice for toddler.

Amy214 Tue 12-Apr-16 15:16:41

How is paris strange? We are staying an hour away on a campsite that has plenty of things to do for a toddler. Thanks for the heads up about wednesday didnt know they were off. We are buying a new buggy anyway.

purplepopple Tue 12-Apr-16 15:29:23

If you're on facebook there's a group called Disneyland Paris for Brits, you'll get lots of advice on there!
If you want to do the big rides you can do baby swap so you only have to queue once. There's some good kiddie rides in studios too if your dd likes cars, toy story, there's nice shows on there too, my dd liked the Disney Jnr one.

TheSconeOfStone Tue 12-Apr-16 19:14:43

I don't think your holiday plan sounds strange. Sounds lovely. Fun on the caravan park for the toddler and Paris for the adults.

Taking sandwiches into the parks is fine. I'd recommend just doing the main park if you only have one day. Plenty to keep you busy and lots of rides suitable for a little one. If you like it you can always come back when she's older for a longer visit.

I found the DLPGuide website really useful. It has maps and height and age suitability for all the rides. Also has menus if you're planning on buying food at the park. Saves you wandering around searching for somewhere suitable on the day. I second the recommendation for the Trip Advisor Disneyland Paris forum. Loads of useful info there.

mouldycheesefan Tue 12-Apr-16 19:18:29

The campsite sounds perfect for toddler

FloweryTwat Tue 12-Apr-16 19:21:30

Great plan! A nice mix of holiday for your toddler and yourselves.

Agree that Fantasyland is best for little ones, there are lots of rides that my just under 2 year old could go on - as well as his bigger sisters. Dumbo, Snow white, Pinocchio, Alice in Wonderland's Maze, It's a Small World, a boat ride, circus train.... Studios is good for the live shows and meeting characters, so Disney Jr, Lilo and Stitch, we met Minnie and Mickey.

The parade is at 5.30 and fireworks at 9.30. No way would our have lasted the full day, but you could possibly see the parade have some dinner there and if DC nods off watch the fireworks.

Amy214 Tue 12-Apr-16 20:09:55

We will do some baby swapping so everyone has some fun. I thought it would be a good holiday as the campsite is family based its so big its like a mini village grin lots of playparks, swimming pools and a filtered beach and other activities for grown ups. We will probably stay until after the parade and hopefully we get to see some fireworks. Ill have a look at the DLPguide tonight once dds in bed thanks

pinkchampagne1 Wed 13-Apr-16 19:34:44

Are you staying at the Berny Riviere campsite? If so, it is perfect for toddlers. We are due to go for our 5th visit with my teenage boys, my sister, BIL and my two nephews who are 6 and 4. My sister loved it when she first came (when my youngest nephew was 2) as there was so much to entertain the children that she found it a really relaxing break.

One day at Disney would probably be enough with a toddler. My sister and BIL took my nephews for a day trip to Disney when we went to Berny a few years back and she came back exhausted! The boys enjoyed it and had a good full day. smile

Amy214 Wed 13-Apr-16 21:46:20

Yes that is the campsite, we were there before but it was smaller (about 2007) and we loved it. Its good value for money aswell grin im really looking forward to it

pinkchampagne1 Wed 13-Apr-16 22:31:48

It is fantastic!! Our first time there was summer 2013 and we enjoyed it so much that we keep coming back. It is really good value for money too.

Not sure what has changed since 2007 but there is so much for children to do. There is now a soft play area, a really area with lots of fountains for children in the pool, bouncy castles, go karts, several play parks and loads more. The man-made beach is lovely too. In 2 weeks time we are going for our 5th visit to Berny! You will have a great time. smile

pinkchampagne1 Wed 13-Apr-16 22:33:04

Should say 'a really good area for children with fountains...'

Amy214 Thu 14-Apr-16 14:27:36

I dont think the soft play area was there when we were there, we've always wanted to go back, the swimming pool looks different aswell and i dont think they had an onsite bakery, looking forward to some fresh bread grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now