Talk

Advanced search

All inclusive with a baby

(17 Posts)
babyconverse Mon 04-Apr-16 08:10:12

Has anyone done AI with a baby - how did it go? Thinking about options for a break for me and my partner this year with our son. Do you have to pay for a full person for the baby too?

Finally - any recommendations for good places to go when they're this age that also allow parents to have a bit of a break

babyconverse Mon 04-Apr-16 08:10:33

Should have been a final ? there!

Helloandgoodbye Mon 04-Apr-16 08:12:18

Try Princesca Yaiza lanzerote. Have a look on trip advisor. Would definitely recommend.

Nowthereistwo Mon 04-Apr-16 08:19:08

We've done 2 thompsons AI.

Under 2 are free to stay and fly. Their resorts have full nursery/day care/baby sitting service by trained & vetted staff.

Worth going to store to chat things through.

The little apartments were brilliant as we could put baby to sleep in bedroom and sit in lounge. Also had full working kitchen for washing bottles, cereal stuff, etc.

The Holiday Village resorts are aimed at older children with entertainment but they had brilliant offers so went anyway.

Not somewhere I would have gone before children though!

Nowthereistwo Mon 04-Apr-16 08:23:45

Check flight times (try and get then near nap times).

Check day time temperatures - you don't want anything too hot otherwise you're going to be panicking about heat stroke / dehydration.

We still left the resort and walked to local towns and used buses so check out what's nearby before you book.

babyconverse Mon 04-Apr-16 09:12:40

Thanks - started googling!

will they provide a cot or do you need to ask for an extra mattress for baby?

Nowthereistwo Mon 04-Apr-16 09:49:57

Say you need a cot and they will add it to your room (no cost). You might want to take baby bedding if you want.

Also take little things of washing up liquid, clothes washing liquid etc. As you can only buy big tubs in most places.

Hersetta427 Mon 04-Apr-16 09:50:14

If you are travelling with an infant then you usually automatically get a cot in the room. I would agree that the holiday villages (by First Choice) are a decent option. They are geared to families and have very good facilities and AI food options (even for baby where some make there own baby purees for you). They also have a crèche which babies can attend so you can get a couple of hours of free time. it is chargeable but not a huge cost (3 x 2 hr sessions was £25 I think). All crèche staff are UK qualified and CRB checked. They adhere to all UK guidance and rules around childcare.

babyconverse Tue 05-Apr-16 09:04:43

Thanks folks - that's all really useful information. All feels a long way from my backpacking days!

CottonSock Tue 05-Apr-16 09:08:46

We have been with Thompson a few times and it worked well. Definitely work around good flight times if it's your first trip. Also, try and get somewhere with a heated pool.

If you can afford it and going a bit out of season check out the sensatori range Thompson do. We used the creche for afternoon sessions and were very happy with it. Hotel was incredible, pools warm, staff helpful. Can get good deals depending on dates

namechangedtoday15 Tue 05-Apr-16 09:09:36

For me, I would take advantage of still being able to use upmarket / luxury hotels whilst you have a baby. You are likely to have to use "family hotels" in the future, as it is massively expensive to stay in luxury hotels with children, especially when you get to school age children and school holidays.

Shirkingfromhome Tue 05-Apr-16 09:13:40

Definitely get an apartment or a suite with a seperate living area if it's within budget. We went AI when ds was 5 months and our room was bedroom / living area in one. It was ok but it meant we had to watch films & chat in near silence.

CottonSock Tue 05-Apr-16 09:16:36

One more thing, if you do look at sensatori don't be too hung up on ai option as full board included wine (lots) with meals when we stayed. Only had to buy a few drinks in week there. That won't be the case with all the hotels though. When we stayed at a more budget resort we were very disappointed with the ai drinks (and food). Not always worth it if you have a baby. We ate out a few times just for a change. Didn't need to do that at sensatori though as restaurants were varied and good.

I agree with name changed, treat yourself whilst you can...

I'm eyeing up a sani resort in Greece recommended on here for next trip, but have to pay for dd now so might not be possible. I'll look at dates and try and get a deal.

When we went on the budget holiday we did regret not spending a bit more. Depends on your budget obviously!

babyconverse Tue 05-Apr-16 09:26:13

Thanks cottonsock, namechange and shirking. I've been looking at it and it does seem that for a little extra we can get quite a bit better. I've also realised I'm much more concerned about being miles up a hill from the town or beach than I ever have been before! Safety is also something I'd never have looked at really and it feels reassuring to have one of the big holiday companies name attached....

CottonSock Tue 05-Apr-16 09:30:37

Yes, it's nice to stay where you can walk with pram on flat. A little promenade or something like a marina.
I'm sure you will find something lovely. We've done Greece and the canaries, but also city breaks and it's not quite like the old days, but had lovely times and memories.

Helloandgoodbye Wed 06-Apr-16 07:11:07

Sani is amazing. I've stayed there with kids. The village is the best in my opinion.

HettyD Wed 06-Apr-16 07:16:22

Best holiday was Mark Warner with 4 month old and toddler...actually felt I had been on holiday as lazy mornings followed by both in crèche/club every afternoon (I slept and tried to wake up for the complimentary water melon!!) and then kids back for later afternoon swim/tea, before evening in crèche/club so we had dinner together...AND I was on maternity leave so went during term time! Bliss!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now