Talk

Advanced search

Kiev

(3 Posts)
SoThatHappened Sun 03-Apr-16 02:09:41

Has anyone been?

is it nice?

Allinafankle Sun 03-Apr-16 19:49:07

I went three years ago and really enjoyed it, but I guess it depends what you're expecting! We went at this time of year and were knee deep in snow which added to the fun! I love Eastern Europe but if it's not somewhere you're used to you might struggle.

LovePGtipsMonkey Mon 11-Apr-16 01:04:49

good for historic charming architecture, beautiful churches, good parks, many nice places to eat the local food and some International (esp Japanese) -not expensive if you go for more casual places. In summer you can go on the sandy city river beaches. The service is generally good - they are really trying, but don't expect it to be smooth everywhere, equally not everyone speaks good English though again in hotels/restaurants it's fine.
It's quite a musical city - live concerts in the centre or sometimes in the parks, a good opera/ballet theatre, folk music, good buskers!
Public transport takes getting used to - taxis though are good and not expensive, especially if you book on the phone rather than go for taxi ranks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now