Talk

Advanced search

Disneyland Paris

(17 Posts)
ThePlatypusAlwaysTriumphs Sat 02-Apr-16 20:13:51

Off to DLP next week. I am being brave and taking the dcs (12,10,8) myself, as DH has no holidays at all (royal Navy) We're staying at the New York Hotel in Disney, and have a half board plus meal plan (just because it seemed easier!)

Questions: How much spending money should I take (in euros)? Is there somewhere there where I can just withdraw money as I need it, or am I better to to get a card/ take cash.

Anything I should know that might be helpful in general?

Should I pre-book transport from CDG top Disney, or will it be easy to arrange when I get there?

Pretty scared at the prospect of doing it alone with the kids,. but also excited!! Any tips/ info would be much appreciated! Did Orlando a couple of years ago, but had DH and dad there too (although I organised most of it to be fair)

Thanks in advance!

Kirriemuir Sat 02-Apr-16 22:10:41

Yes book transfer now. I use Brian from ezyshuttle. €70 form airport to hotel. Very reliable and quick.

I use a currency card when there. Preload as I go using an app on my phone. Look at fairfx. I carry no cash. Just the card as I go.

It's still Easter holidays next week so I'd book some meals just to be sure you have something sorted. You can always cancel at city hall if you change your mind.

ijustwannadance Sat 02-Apr-16 22:17:42

As above, book transfers now. A private taxi return for 4 works out cheaper than trains/coaches and is faster too.

The two parks are right next to each other. Tiny compared to Orlando. You will be fine on your own with DC's.

ThePlatypusAlwaysTriumphs Sun 03-Apr-16 15:33:54

Thanks guys! Good to know, will get onto booking transport. Worried I might have left it too late to get a prepay card, but will look into it. Hadn't thought about booking meals- naively thought I would be able to just wander down to the hotel restaurant- guessing that's not the case!! All info gratefully received, and glad to hear I should be fine on my own with the kids- just hoping they behave!

Kirriemuir Sun 03-Apr-16 15:40:34

If you can book inventions for dinner it is expensive but you get 8-10 characters coming around. Brilliant interaction and fabulous photos. It is always a highlight of our trips.

ThePlatypusAlwaysTriumphs Sun 03-Apr-16 15:40:56

OK, having a look, so is private taxi the way to go?? What about this magic shuttle thingy, or is that a lot more expensive?

ThePlatypusAlwaysTriumphs Sun 03-Apr-16 15:41:42

Thanks for the tip Kirriemuir! I feel the better organised I am the less stress I will be, and the better time we'll all have!

Kirriemuir Sun 03-Apr-16 18:27:46

We always go the taxi as it is cheaper for the three of us plus you are picked up and taken straightaway. No waiting on a bus filling up. I am impatient and I like to get there asap!

I think, from memory the shuttle would be about €100 euro. Taxi will be 70.

Mumblechum1 Sun 03-Apr-16 18:28:37

Floralnomad Sun 03-Apr-16 18:32:16

Check which rides are closed in advance to avoid disappointment when you arrive - there are lots of closures this year for the 25th anniversary refurb .

Guitargirl Sun 03-Apr-16 18:39:25

I took the DCs to DLP on my own when they were aged 6 and 4 and again when they were 8 and 6. Had no problems. I just paid for things with my normal debit card and took about 100 EUR with me in cash.

As others have said book your meals before you go especially if you want character meals (Inventions, Cafe Mickey). Decide a plan of action on getting fast passes, e.g. for Ratatouille, if you don't want a long queue and make the most of early magic hours.

Have a fab time!

Kirriemuir Sun 03-Apr-16 18:44:46

The dragon under the castle is a good and not hugely known about attraction. In fact there are lots of little hidden gems all over. My user name being one of them!

ThePlatypusAlwaysTriumphs Sun 03-Apr-16 19:17:40

Thanks again all- have managed to get taxi for 125 euros return, which seemed the best I could get. Re booking meals- I really hate speaking to people on the phone (pathetic, I know, but I really hate phoning people I don't know) Is there no way of booking online??? I'm struggling to get into my Disneyland account too, which doesn't help!

Kirriemuir Sun 03-Apr-16 19:20:03

No, it is a phone line system but all with clear English.

Guitargirl Sun 03-Apr-16 19:33:52

I don't know of any way of booking restaurants online. I don't like calling either but it takes minutes and you will feel all satisfied when it's done. I think the line is open 24 hours. You can also ask them to confirm the parade times, etc. so you can book your meals without clashing with anything else you may want to see. Buffalo Bills is worth it - especially for the ages your children are.

ThePlatypusAlwaysTriumphs Sun 03-Apr-16 19:56:20

These are all great, thanks guys! Will pluck up the courage to phone once I work out what we're doing. I'm assuming the dress code for most of the restaurants/ hotels is fairly casual??

Kirriemuir Sun 03-Apr-16 19:57:58

All completely casual.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now