Talk

Advanced search

Country Houses to Rent in England - Hereford/Worcester

(16 Posts)
oiseau Wed 26-May-04 09:59:07

I am looking for a really top quality country house/cottage to rent for my Mum's 70th Birthday in the Hereford/Worcester/Cotswolds. Does anyone know any good companies that do this sort of thing - it would be great if they can arrange catering as well for one evening.

CountessDracula Wed 26-May-04 10:02:10

How about this one

www.hidays.co.uk has a good search facility and does lots of bigger houses

CountessDracula Wed 26-May-04 10:02:27

how many people?

CountessDracula Wed 26-May-04 10:13:44

This one looks lovely

As does this with outdoor pool

marialuisa Wed 26-May-04 10:51:42

Having a far too close relationship with the owners of the houses in whitchurch/Symonds Yat I wouldn't recommend them. the one with the pool is very hard to access and not esp. safe with kids (the pub mentioned is a dive), you also have about 6 Amsterdam style barges going past full of tourists all day, everyday.

Other house has nice views of the A road down to Cardiff.

Sorry CD, don't mean to offend, just one of those weird moments when you know far too much about somewhere!

oiseau Wed 26-May-04 13:24:47

It's for 10 people plus separate baby room (I can't sleep with ds in my room - too snuffly!)so looking for six bedrooms.

CD - I thought those two looked really great and got quite excited. But the inside info from marialuisa has put me off!

I'll have a search on hidays - thanks for that.

CountessDracula Wed 26-May-04 13:48:12

marialuisa how weird is that? They look so nice from the outside too! Probably best to get recommendation from someone who has actually been somewhere!

reddevil Wed 26-May-04 13:55:15

You could maybe try Brian Viner's (writer in the Independent)holiday cottages somewhere in Herefordshire? I haven't been but they sound lovely in his articles!
Details on www.docklow-manor.co.uk.

CODalmighty Wed 26-May-04 13:56:07

ooh dont geo to herefordshire

reddevil Wed 26-May-04 14:00:57

Why?

CODalmighty Wed 26-May-04 14:04:15

in laws live there#

the land that time forgot

CookieMonster Wed 26-May-04 14:12:53

oi watch it cheeky codfish .... I'm from there originally and parents still live there ... might have to send the Young Farmers around to sort you out

marialuisa Wed 26-May-04 15:01:31

Trying to think of nicer places in Herefordshire, prefer the north/Golden Valley myself, but it's very rural.

So, do we know Coddy's in-laws??

CookieMonster Wed 26-May-04 15:12:48

we might .... it's the sort of place where everybody knows everybody else. If I go for a visit and Mum and I walk through town, she has to stop and talk to about 25 people !! Takes ages to get any shopping done!

marialuisa Wed 26-May-04 15:29:23

Yes, I find it lightly disconcerting to walk through Hightown with DD and see my old teachers!

CookieMonster Wed 26-May-04 15:52:29

oiseau, sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread ... I'm afraid that because I lived round there and have family there, I have no idea about houses to rent because I've never had the need.

Please ignore the codfish - it is a lovely part of the world

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: