Talk

Advanced search

good hotel for a week in Spain with ds15?

(11 Posts)
ssd Fri 01-Apr-16 08:05:44

he is sociable , loves football, basketball, table tennis

dot want somewhere mega busy or full of mad drinkers

he doesnt like water sports!

been to Barcelona already, and salou, which was a bit tacky

help!

ssd Fri 01-Apr-16 18:21:43

bump

revealall Fri 01-Apr-16 18:29:56

A weird ask!You'll go anywhere in Spain (apart from the places you've been) as long as the hotel is suitable? Why Spain then?
Why not just find a Club Med or a Mark Warner holiday or even a cruise if it's just about his interests.

ssd Fri 01-Apr-16 19:07:45

we would like to go to Spain and don't have anywhere near the budget for Club Med or Mark Warner, I forgot to mention that.

I was hoping someone with a teenage boy who sounded similar to ds would come on and say "last year we went to XX and it was great", thats all...you know, like a recommendation?

ssd Sat 02-Apr-16 00:19:14

bump

randomsellotape Sat 02-Apr-16 00:43:58

I can't claim this is a recommendation because I've never actually been(!), but when I was googling possible holidays a couple of years ago I came across the Protur Aparthotel Vista Badia in Sa Coma, Majorca and thought it looked good for an active teenager. Might be worth checking out on Tripadvisor.

ssd Sat 02-Apr-16 08:17:52

thanks, I'll take a look at that.

revealall Sat 02-Apr-16 17:51:29

Perhaps ask in Chat?
You haven't got a specific travel question and you will get more responses to a general " anyone with teen boys found a good hotel in Spain"?

AnnaForbes Sat 02-Apr-16 19:36:59

Re Sa Coma, we went to the Protur Biomar Hotel and Spa last year. It is close to the other Protur hotels and you can switch between them for activities. Sa Coma itself was a bit tacky - usual assortment of pubs and football on the tv alongside various restaurants etc but for our ds 15, it was great. You can hire electric scooters to whizz along the coast which he loved and we did this a couple of times. Our hotel seemed to be aimed at couples and families with young children - the pool was lovely but just a pool. However, ds enjoyed walking along to the other Protur hotels to do rifle and pistol shooting.

Will watch with interest.

ssd Sat 02-Apr-16 23:08:01

funnily enough Anna, I was looking at that hotel....so can you use the other hotels facilities?

AnnaForbes Sun 03-Apr-16 12:41:03

Yes you can and there's a good program for teenagers - shooting, archery etc. The Biomar itself is a lovely hotel. The food was really really good - dh is very hard to please food wise and he really enjoyed it. They also have double sunbeds and all the sun beds have really thick mattresses so lying in the sun was like lying in bed. smile, the bedrooms were lovely - we had two mini suites for 5 of us and we had plenty of room.

I see your ds doesn't like water sports but if he is interested, the banana boat in the beach is great fun.
My only hesitation is sa coma itself being tacky.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now