Talk

Advanced search

Mai Chau to Sapa by bus

(8 Posts)
angellababy Fri 01-Apr-16 05:39:56

Hi,
I am plannning a short trip ( one week) to travel north of Vietnam, Hanoi-Halong-Mai Chau- Sapa. One week for travelling 4 places, I need best way or shortest way to travel with each place. Can you tell me pls?
Thanks so much.

butterry Fri 01-Apr-16 06:02:18

I think a week will be difficult to see all of those places as you will be very rushed travelling, 10 days would be better. You will need to return and depart from Hanoi each time. Halong Bay is usually a 2 day 1 night trip. Sapa is overnight train from Hanoi so at least 2 nights. Mai Chau is a day trip from Hanoi but takes a few hrs to get there. You also will want to spend 2/3 days in Hanoi itself.

Book a private car and driver to take you to Halong Bay and Mai Chau so you can set off early and not limited to coach times. Personally I would prioritise time spent in Hanoi and Sapa.

angellababy Fri 01-Apr-16 09:32:26

Thanks I know, but I have only one week break to travel, so if i can visit all places above, miss out a place perhaps?

butterry Fri 01-Apr-16 14:18:50

I would miss out either Mai Chau or Haling Bay. Mai Chau is 8hrs return journey so very rushed day trip. Halong Bay only worth seeing if you stay overnight on one of the junk boats otherwise you can't get far out enough on the water. It's very touristy now, polluted and full of boats so hard to see the scenery. If you decide to go take the Bai Tu Long bay route as its a bit less crowded. Spend most of your time in Hanoi and Sapa. Halong leave Hanoi early morn so 2 days 1 night, Sapa leave Hanoi at night on overnight train to arrive Sapa around 6am. One night there 2 days then overnight back to Hanoi. Rest of time in Hanoi old quarter.

adancopper Sat 02-Apr-16 03:24:10

Hi,
Personally, You should out of Mai Chau, You can refer a itinerary: Hanoi – Halong Bay – Hanoi – Sapa during 6 days.( More detail at: www.vietnamtourbooking.com/en/north/from-halong-bay-to-sapa-6-days.html). Besides from each places, you can catch bus very easy to transfer without Sapa. You should travel by train in Sapa which will safer than night bus.
Happy travels!

ShanghaiDiva Sat 02-Apr-16 07:57:14

I think there is now a bus between Hanoi and Sapa. I took the overnight train 2 years ago, but a friend of mine and his parents went by bus/coach - I think it took about 5 hours.
There is no train station in Sapa - you arrive in Lao Cai which is on the Chinese border and it's then about 40 minutes by car to Sapa. You can easily arrange for your hotel to collect you from Lao Cai.

angellababy Thu 07-Apr-16 08:54:36

Thanks all for replies,
I am contacting with Vietnam Tour Booking agency. Luckily, I get a coupon code VTB16CX, discount 10% for all tours on website.
Thanks so much

Aliceteddy Sat 09-Apr-16 08:22:55

Vietnam Tour Booking sounds good with discount code, besides you can refer at www.maichautrek.com/ to find suitable itinerary for your vacation.
Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now