Talk

Advanced search

special day in Granada, Spain with three 1-year olds

(3 Posts)
farmnannyneeded Tue 29-Mar-16 20:57:15

My DM turned 70 yesterday and we're celebrating it properly by having a holiday with her (DM and her partner, DBs, SILs, nephew (1) and us (DH, DS (5) and DTs (1)) in May. We'll be staying in Comares, but my DM is very much looking forward to visiting Granada and the Alhambra, so we were wondering if we could give her a special day there. We also have to make sure the little ones don't have a meltdown, though, and it is a bit of a drive. Does anyone have any suggestions? We are willing to spend money, but not £1000s.

HelloClouds Thu 31-Mar-16 16:55:02

Main thing to do when visiting the Alhambra is to book your tickets in advance here www.ticketmaster.es/en/tickets-family/alhambra-general/2/

May is a lovely time to visit Andalucia and the Alhambra in particular - it's so beautiful there. Having been there with three young children I can say that the full walk round the Alhambra and the Generalife is quite long, so it's important that little ones are happy in pushchairs for an extended period (bring snacks and drinks!).

As it's a long drive from Comares you would be best spending two nights in Granada if you could. The Parador in Granada is fabulous as it's right in the Alhambra complex and so lovely to come back to after touring the palace and gardens. But it is quite pricey, especially for a large group. Like all Spanish hotels they love little kids though! But there are plenty of other good hotels in Granada to choose from too.

I'm sure your DM will love it.

farmnannyneeded Thu 31-Mar-16 22:37:19

Thanks HelloClouds. I never thought of staying in Granada - I'll have a look how much rooms in the Parador cost. Maybe just one would do it - my mum and her partner could stay there overnight and the kids could sleep there during the day (depending on check/in times). Will check it out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now