Talk

Advanced search

Ryanair seat allocations

(9 Posts)
maslinpan Thu 17-Mar-16 12:55:30

Reluctant to hand over yet more money to Ryanair, so if I do online check in a week before we fly, turn up promptly to check in, do we have a good chance of sitting together? DD is 10, DS is 7, I don't mind if we are split into two groups, but I have read the odd tale of children being seated on their own which I would rather avoid!

mummymeister Thu 17-Mar-16 18:35:08

Most people seem to say that they have done this and been fine. the 7 yr old should definitely be sat with an adult but not sure about 10. if you are happy to risk it then give it a go. personally when they were that age (ish) we did book seats because we didn't want to be sat apart.

nipersvest Thu 17-Mar-16 18:38:07

ime they try and put family groups together, particularly when there are children. have to admit though, we've always paid the extra and chosen our seats, only because dh is a big bloke, so i usually put him in a seat with extra leg room. i sit with the dc's.

PurpleAlerts Thu 17-Mar-16 18:52:35

When you check in online a week before the flight they allocate you seats and whenever I have done this we have always been seated together and if not all four then at least two twos.

Just remember - to the airlines 'seated together' can mean in the row in front or behind, or one on each side of the aisle - not what most people would consider as a definition of 'together'.

massistar Wed 23-Mar-16 13:08:36

We've never paid extra since Ryanair started doing allocated seating and have always had seats together.

twentiethcenturybitch Wed 23-Mar-16 13:16:06

You will probably be fine, although 2 and 2 is likely. However, if it makes a difference, depending on flight they sometimes reduce the price for seat reservations a few weeks before check in opens. I didn't book seats when I booked flights but when I saw they'd gone to half price then I did for the peace of mind.

You can also log in to look at how many other people have booked seats, that might help you decide when you see how full or not the allocations are already.

Danglyweed Wed 23-Mar-16 13:16:47

Ryanair plane seats are grouped in rows of 3. Previously as a family of 4, we did online check in and they always put the two kids with an adult and the other adult across the aisle. Now as a family of 6, theyve always put us in two rows beside each other.

TooMuchRain Wed 23-Mar-16 13:27:57

Fine to risk it.
Not fine to guilt-trip fellow passengers to give up their seats if it doesn't work out (have seen this far too often recently)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now