Talk

Advanced search

Passport process

(4 Posts)
Whataboutnodetox Fri 11-Mar-16 12:48:14

Ok, so I sent off for first child passports and i sent the wrong type of birth certificate. Fine, I sent the long one and they are both showing as "declaration form received, processing" and have done for several days. My problem is I used a website to do photos for them and they checked them and said they were acceptable. I am not sure on one of them as there is a partial shadow on my son's face.

My question is at what point in the process do they check the photos? They've obviously checked the docs as one was wrong, but no idea about the photos. I couldn't use check and send as I did it online so only sent declarations and the documents and photos. Anyone know if the photos will have been checked immediately or not until they are with the examiner?

AugustRose Fri 11-Mar-16 13:19:55

I imagine if they checked the docs they will have checked the photos at the same time. How old are your DC? I have sent some far from perfect pics (shadow behind the head and not looking directly at the camera) for younger DC and they've always accepted them.

chemenger Fri 11-Mar-16 13:28:04

I've had photos rejected (dd is basically so pale that she doesn't show up against a white background), they came back very quickly. I suspect they have a quick look at everything before they start processing - that would be easier than having things stall at different points of the process.

Whataboutnodetox Fri 11-Mar-16 13:34:08

Ds1 is 2 and his photo is the dodgy one. Ds2 is six months so is asleep in his! I'm hoping they are relatively sensible, but I have the fear that it's in a big pile waiting to be examined and it'll be then another week of letters back and forth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now