Talk

Advanced search

October Half Term - which of the Canary Islands would you recommend?

(12 Posts)
70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 04-Mar-16 16:40:18

Still looking <sigh> for a week October half term AI for DH, myself DS (16) and DD (13.6)

We considered and disgarded Majora because it won't be warm
Turkey because of the threat issues
Cyprus £££

So... maybe Canary Islands.

Which would you plump for ( I've not been to any of them)

TIA flowers

fitzbilly Fri 04-Mar-16 16:42:33

What do you want to do while there?

What do the teenaged want to do?

fitzbilly Fri 04-Mar-16 16:43:30

If you just want a resort that you won't leave then any of them probably.

fitzbilly Fri 04-Mar-16 16:44:51

I have been to feurtaventura numerous times, on the west coast away from the resorts, to go surfing, but perhaps that is not what you want.

It is lovely there though, amazing surfing!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 04-Mar-16 17:09:58

I'm scouring through First Choice / Thompsons the cheapest is coming up at £820 pp

That's over £3200 for a week shock

I'm having a rethink.

We don't really do much on holiday TBH, but I've looked at average temps for places like Ibiza/Majorca (been there years back but in August) they're about 20ish (so not warm enough)

DD and I will swim and sunbathe. (DS and DH will lard about)

Not really sporty (we went to Devon last year it poured all week bar one day)

I've looked at Villa with Pool options but I don't want to cook really and we'd need to add on meals to the budget.

DH and I will be 50 this year which is why we want a family holiday but it is an awkward time to book.

rookiemere Fri 04-Mar-16 22:41:59

Tenerife is fabulous in October, but sadly that's a secret that most other people seem to be aware of so flights are expensive unless you book as soon as they come out.

Turkey would be warm at that time of year and a lot cheaper.

No1HolidayPlanner Sat 05-Mar-16 09:11:33

Half terms are so expensive. I suggest you book flights and apartment separately. We love Lanzarote. Can get Sun to Sun flights in Oct half term for £400 each from London. Then book an apartment via booking.com or similar for about £600. Eating out in Lanzarote is cheap. Get booking as prices will just keep risingsmile

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 06-Mar-16 01:19:31

Tenerife. (Got a Sat-Sat. Looked at some other flights that were Sunday, no good for us getting home at 5am Monday when the DC will have school)
We booked Tenerife with the waterpark (DD raved about it, her friend has been, there are sharks there . Oh joy)

So we can sunbathe.
Swim
Waterpark
Big hotel complex so lots of other teens for the DC.

Might do some Karaoke wink

Now, just need to find a good swimsuit, a flattering bikini and sort the old carcass to go in them.
There will be tons of sales though smile

Jujuheyhey Wed 23-Mar-16 15:33:46

Tenerife, and take the DC to Siam Park water park. DD7 and I had 2 amazing days there last year smile

Artistic Wed 23-Mar-16 15:52:10

Tenerife. Glorious!!!

heron98 Wed 23-Mar-16 16:21:01

I have just got back from Gran Canaria (OK, so it's March not October) but the weather was low 20s and it was perfect. I sat around in my swimming costume, went in the sea and was outside all the time. And I feel the cold very badly. My point is that you don't necessarily need stinking hot.

Dowser Sat 26-Mar-16 22:57:36

Well done. We will see you there. ;-)

Just got back on Tuesday.

Fabulous!

It will be hot....unless we are very unlucky.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now