A few questions on Disneyland, Paris

(8 Posts)
ButterflyOfFreedom Thu 03-Mar-16 12:33:23

We're thinking of going next year - there will be me, DH, DS (4), DD (2), and my parents (who are in their 60's).

None of us have ever been so I just wondered:
- which hotel would you recommend?
- what time of year is best to go?
- when is the best time to book (and who with) to get the best deal?

Thank you!

4yoniD Thu 03-Mar-16 18:34:48

I liked Sequoia Lodge (despite a few problems I had there), and booked direct with Disney, but I've only been the once!
There doesn't seem to be a massively active Disney brigade on Mumsnet. I'd suggest the DIS boards;
www.disboards.com/forums/disneyland-paris-trip-planning-community-board.77/

Also there are a couple of really good facebook pages for Disney World Florida, so I suspect there will be at least one for Disney Land Paris. Worth a look if you are on facebook.

Hope you have fun! We loved it but ran out of time so will be back sometime.

ButterflyOfFreedom Fri 04-Mar-16 10:15:40

Thank you 4yoniD !

Will have a look at that forum.

Anyone else any recommendations?

Pootles2010 Fri 04-Mar-16 10:18:41

We went in May, it was a really good time to go - ever so quiet, was mid week in term time. Hardly queued at all! I wouldn't want to go when its cold or hot, tbh.

Can't help with hotel, we stayed at davy crockett which suited our needs but isn't a hotel if thats what you're after.

We booked direct, waited till there was half board deal on. Really glad we got that - food is extortionate otherwise. My main recommendation would be breakfast in cafe mickey - really worth the (large!) cost imo, great fun.

MaryPoppinsPenguins Fri 04-Mar-16 10:22:04

I like Hotel New York, especially with grandparents and young children, because the walk to Disney village and the parks is very short. I like going at the beginning of December, the park was quiet, the weather wasn't too bad (some days we just wore hoodies) and the Christmas parade and decorations are just magical.

mummymeister Fri 04-Mar-16 10:47:11

when we went which was a while ago, we stayed in the main Disney castle. it was the most expensive but we knew we would never go again (and we haven't not to paris anyway!) so we just splurged out and got adjoining rooms. you need to keep an eye out for the characters in there.

PurpleCrazyHorse Fri 04-Mar-16 10:48:47

We went with DD, then 4yo and my parents (60s). We all stayed in the New York Hotel which was the first hotel you walk to once you're outside the gates. It was good for mum as they didn't spend all day in the parks but also spent time at the hotel too. If money wasn't an issue I'd book the 5* Disneyland Hotel as it's over the park gates so zero walking.

Definitely consider hiring their buggies for your 4yo if you're not bringing one. DD was out of a buggy by then and the park ones were easy to push and large enough to fit a bigger child. Zero whining about walking.

We went a few days before the May half term holiday and it was really quiet and the weather was okay. I booked with Disney directly and paid to have our luggage taken to our hotel, we went straight to the park with hand luggage. Cases were in our rooms when we checked in after dinner. Faultless service and we had a brilliant time.

marmiteloversunite Fri 04-Mar-16 11:02:18

We went in February and it was freezing. Stayed in the Disneyland hotel which is lovely and so convenient. I'd suggest taking lots of snacks for the kids as they are quite hard to buy. Also avoid planet Hollywood restaurant as my poor husband got food poisoning there. Also have a nap in the afternoon and then go back into the park for early evening as the queues are shorter. We booked directly with Disney. Also with the hotel we had early entrance to the park.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now