Croatia - Dalmatian coast (Montenegro)

(5 Posts)
Ineedthesunshine Thu 25-Feb-16 13:33:24

Hi, I am really struggling to see which part of the Dalmatian coast I should be honing in on for this summer. We hope to rent a villa with a pool a bit outside of one of the key areas and not miles from the beach but also in a fairly tranquil zone. For any nice people that know Croatia:

Is it better to be nearer to Split than Dubrovnik?
Is Montenegro nice?
Where is there most to do for kids aged 13 and 11?
Are the islands easy to get onto if I book a villa there?

Also, obviously any recommendations of accommodation would be much appreciated smile

Madbengalmum Thu 25-Feb-16 17:06:33

Please bear in my this is all down to personal opinion but, i love dubrovnik and intensely dislike split.
Dubrovnik, although some areas are full of tourists is fabulous, split for me was like a hub for student backpacking holidays, much less sophisticated.
If you can check out Rovinj or Hvar which are both stunning and would be my pick.
Montengro is lovely, kotor is where my knowledge is based, it is made up of two areas, one older around the main port and another very, very swish area called porto montenegro, think superyachts, abramovich parks his huge boat there, shops and restaurants very nice though, not for kids in my opinion.
Plenty of boats between islands, probably most to do in dubrovnik but it is v busy in the day.

Ineedthesunshine Fri 26-Feb-16 17:28:39

Thanks that's great. Is it easy to get onto Hvar? Can you take cars over?

Madbengalmum Sun 06-Mar-16 19:57:36

Sorry, dont know about cars, went to Hvar separately.

Ineedthesunshine Sun 06-Mar-16 20:11:12

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now