Talk

Advanced search

List for Travelling to Tenerife with 12 week old!

(10 Posts)
ShinySarah Tue 23-Feb-16 09:50:37

Hiiiiii,
So we're taking our LO on her first holiday and I've started a list...anything that you've taken and you think would be useful? Please share! I'm bottle feeding so the usual formula etc will be taken with us!!!

Hersetta427 Tue 23-Feb-16 10:06:20

I have travelled many times a year with mine from when they were 10 weeks old.

How are you sterilising (after many different methods, i have found a large tupperware box with lid from the £1 shop and milton tablets to be the easiest).

We bought an inflateable baby bath as we stayed in an apartment (a hotel may provide baby bath's though).

Take nappy bags - they don't exist is Spain plus maybe swim nappies if you intend to take her in the water.

We always take a bottle of calpol and a thermomenter for unexpected fevers.

ShinySarah Tue 23-Feb-16 10:37:30

Hiii
The steriliser has been the biggie really as there's no microwave in room and some of the travel ones are wayyyyy too big to take!
Really re tuppawear container? I had t thought of that!! smile

Hersetta427 Tue 23-Feb-16 10:42:42

Yep....so easy. Just change the water and tablet every 24 hrs and you can leave the bottles soaking in there until you need them. It was the easiest thing. I packed the container full of small items such as vests (or nappies) so you don't lose room in your suitcase and have just left it there when we came home.

wigglesrock Tue 23-Feb-16 11:12:48

I've used the Milton and Tupperware container before if I haven't been able to use the microwave bags. I always brought formula, nappy bags, and swim nappies with me. I brought some nappies with me but bought nappies on holiday, same with wipes etc.

Muslin cloths especially the big ones were great - used them as light blankets, shades, etc. If you're getting a swimming costume for the baby get a bigger size - wet baby, tight costume = lots of tears and that was just from me. I didn't really bring that many clothes for mine - they seemed to live in tshirts and nappies but obviously weren't in the sun.

Pack an extra outfit, at least a top for you for the plane - a boked over top us not the way to start your holiday grin. It'll be great - I took dd3 away at the same age, much easier when they're not crawling yet!

SheSparkles Tue 23-Feb-16 11:16:25

Re the Tupperware container-measure the amount of water you need into it and mark a line with permanent marker before you go.
Take the calpol in your hand luggage <bitter voice of experience>
If you want to take some made up formula with you for the flight etc, order the cartons from Boots and pick it up at the airport-no issues with security re liquids

ShinySarah Tue 23-Feb-16 20:12:45

Wow! Thank you so much for the advice! I feel much better now smile!!!
All the tips are great ladies! Thank you so much!

Littlemissjt Tue 23-Feb-16 21:21:37

There are disposable steriliser bags from boots, they are pricey £10 for 7 - one lasts for 24 hours - but they are easier to pack and I popped one in handbag in case there was any major hold ups at the airport.
We went to Tenerife in Jan and the flight there was far too warm, luckily we had a hand held fan from the pound shop.
Have a great time! smile

Bonywasawarriorwayayix Wed 24-Feb-16 07:06:16

A sling is handy for when you've got to juggle things going through security and for the plane. We walked DS up and down the isle if he got antsy.

ShinySarah Wed 24-Feb-16 11:30:17

Sling-check! Steri bags-check!!!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now