Talk

Advanced search

Child Friendly Hotel in Barcelona

(18 Posts)
TransvisionTramp Mon 22-Feb-16 14:30:47

Hi there.

We have booked Barcelona for Easter with DDs (aged 3 & 7). The hotel we originally booked has said the rooftop pool is closed as it is out of season sad. So that's out.

Can anyone recommend a hotel with an indoor pool or know of one where the rooftop pool is open all year?

Thanks in advance

revealall Tue 23-Feb-16 17:03:17

1898. Bet it's pricey but a fab hotel in good location. Indoor and outdoor pool.
Barcelona does have a beach and sea too. The Pullman Kipper and the Hotel Arts are by the sea AND have pools open in January. It wasn't even cold.

TransvisionTramp Tue 23-Feb-16 17:15:19

Thank you for replying.
We did contact 1898 but they said no kids (or that's what DH said anyway). We've managed to find one with an outdoor pool that will be open - Silken Hotel Barcelona. Hopefully it'll be warm enough to swim in for the girls as it's not heated. hmm

Bunbaker Tue 23-Feb-16 17:41:27

"We've managed to find one with an outdoor pool that will be open - Silken Hotel Barcelona. Hopefully it'll be warm enough to swim in for the girls as it's not heated."

I think you are being a tad over optimistic. Easter is in March this year. Average high temperatures at that time of year are 16 - 18 degrees.

miaowmix Tue 23-Feb-16 17:47:01

Last time I went to Barcelona, 2 summers ago, we stayed at Hotel Barcelona Catedral. Beautiful hotel, great location, rooftop pool. It sounds right up your street but I'm not sure if pool is open out of season. Worth emailing though as it's gorgeous...

TransvisionTramp Tue 23-Feb-16 17:53:28

Thank you greygardens we've booked somewhere now. We had to be quick as some hotels were fully booked.
Silken Hotel Barcelona - I spoke to them and their pool's open in April. smile

miaowmix Tue 23-Feb-16 17:56:49

Ah so I see - sorry, hadn't realised you'd booked. I think that also looks lovely, fingers crossed it's warm enough. My daughter goes in the sea in Easter... in England (!), so the beach might be good too smile.

TransvisionTramp Tue 23-Feb-16 18:12:03

Hoping so greygardens the sea in Wales is too chilly for me in the summer. The kids don't mind so much, they'll be in I'm sure!

miaowmix Tue 23-Feb-16 18:22:05

Ditto - but you'll be in Barcelona, it will be wonderful whatever!

TeaT1me Tue 23-Feb-16 18:24:03

Hope you have a lovely time. Im hoping to take my girls at some point in the next few years so on the look out!

TransvisionTramp Tue 23-Feb-16 19:56:11

Thanks TeaT1me will try and remember to report back!

TurnOffTheTv Tue 23-Feb-16 19:58:51

The pools are always freezing in the height of summer grin the Silken is a nice hotel. Take them to the funfair on Tibidabo mountain, amazing views and rides for the children

Cococo1 Tue 23-Feb-16 20:01:52

This has made me want to go

SoThatHappened Thu 25-Feb-16 16:15:09

When I went to Barca, there were children in buggies out with their parents as a matter of course at 11pm getting food, etc.

Countries like that are much more child friendly than here. Should be fine anywhere I would have thought.

TransvisionTramp Thu 25-Feb-16 16:51:35

Oh thanks for that tip TurnOffThe TV will do smile

ErgonomicallyUnsound Wed 02-Mar-16 21:56:27

We went Oct half term a couple of years ago and it was in the 70s, lovely and warm.

TransvisionTramp Wed 02-Mar-16 22:17:41

I think it's late 60s early 70s in April.
Either way it won't be as cold as our hometown in Wales grin

G1raffe Wed 02-Mar-16 22:38:00

We're now wondering about going in 2017!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now