Talk

Advanced search

Beach holiday in first week of May

(8 Posts)
youngadult109 Mon 22-Feb-16 08:52:45

Hello all,

Dh and I would like to have a beach holiday celebrating our anniversary in the first week of May. We are thinking of somewhere within Europe, a place with right temperature to swim a little and also some sights or local attractions to visit. Currently planning to travel for 4-5 days.

Any suggestions? Many thanks in advance!

Costacoffeeplease Mon 22-Feb-16 09:24:21

The first week of May could still be a bit cook for swimming on mainland Europe, unless you get a heated pool - but I live in Carvoeiro in the Algarve - a small resort with lots of restaurants, sandy beach, and a couple of the developments have a heated pool - monte dourado and rocha brava - happy to answer any questions

redhat Mon 22-Feb-16 09:25:47

As pp has said, it will be touch and go with the weather in Europe. Could be lovely, could be cold.

BarbaraofSeville Mon 22-Feb-16 09:44:27

Canaries - look for a hotel with a heated pool in case it is not hot and sunny, but it should be. May is low season there, so prices will be low so you will get more for your money.

Lanzarote is lovely and there is lots more to do than just sunbathe and drink.

Or anywhere in Andalucia/Costa del Sol. We went last May and it was unseasonably hot (35-40 C), but it should still be quite warm no matter what. Somewhere like Nerja and you have the lovely beach resort and could take day trips to Granada or Malaga.

Hersetta427 Tue 23-Feb-16 10:09:00

I would say Cyprus. Has lots of lovely hotels along thre paphos coast, it easy to get around and has some lovely areas to visit (or evn just grabbing a meal at the harbour). Temps should be decent, hoever be aware that unless you find a hotel with a heated pool, the wate rwill be freezing (but that goes for everywhere in the med).

chilipepper20 Tue 23-Feb-16 10:14:13

I think the Canaries at that time aren't guaranteed good weather, but are much more likely. We went a few years ago in mid may. When we arrived it was bad (rain for two days) but then got warm.

Yes, that time is dirt cheap. We were amazed at the cost.

chilipepper20 Tue 23-Feb-16 10:15:16

I think the point is if you want a beach holiday in early may, and want a good chance of good weather, you will need to go pretty far south. I don't think Europe will cut it.

Obs2016 Tue 23-Feb-16 10:20:40

I too think that bank hol at begin May, your'll not be guaranteed, in canaries or Ibiza or anywhere med.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now