Talk

Advanced search

Holiday dilemma

(7 Posts)
Tanito279 Thu 18-Feb-16 20:29:31

I've been saving up for a year to take my DD on her first holiday abroad. I've got £800 max for both of us which is enough for an all inclusive trip to Majorca. My parents don't want me to go alone with DD (2) and my dad wants to come which is fine. But they can only spare £400 max. I'm happy for dad to come as long as we don't have to share a bedroom, but I can't find anything cheap enough.
So mumsnetters: do I take DD to a great family friendly hotel on my own, upsetting dad who is really excited? Or do I keep searching? I've never organised a holiday before and I'm struggling sad
I'm looking at September and 2 hour flights from Exeter.

apostropheuse Thu 18-Feb-16 21:20:53

I don't quite understand why your parents don't want you to travel on your own with your child. Is there any reason you can't travel alone, presuming you're an adult? It's surely your choice?

If you really don't mind your dad going along then that's fine of course - but only if he can actually afford to go. I think you should just look at hotels within YOUR budget and tell your dad how much it would cost him to go to that hotel. If he can't afford to go, then he can't afford to go ... that's really out of your control. I think if you've found a good child-friendly hotel then that's what you should book. You've obviously save very hard to get this money and you deserve to get the best you can get for it.

Don't let this spoil your excitement about taking your child on your first holiday!

Kirriemuir Fri 19-Feb-16 09:06:05

Can't add to the post above. What's the reason they don't want you going on your own?

dreamingofsun Fri 19-Feb-16 09:24:16

if its all inclusive then you are going to get transfers to and from the airport and have a rep on site I imagine? its not like you are on your own totally, with no help if something really awful were to happen (which is frankly very unlikely anyway) - ie you aren't hiring an apartment

mouldycheesefan Fri 19-Feb-16 11:46:25

Why don't your parents want you going to an all inclusive holiday in Majorca on your own? Do you have care needs?
Have you factored in cost of passports and insurance etc
I think you just have to book the holiday you want. If dad can afford to go fine, if not he can't go.

Tiggeryoubastard Fri 19-Feb-16 11:52:09

Eh? What's it got to do with your parents? Are you not an adult? Do you have additional needs that require help?

BackforGood Fri 19-Feb-16 12:11:47

I agree with everyone else. You've found something you've saved hard to be able to afford and are all set to book - if someone else wants to join you (and you are happy with that?) , then they have to fork out what it costs, or not come. Suggest they keep saving any you'll all do something together in a couple of years time.
That said, I'm envy that you can get a holiday for that little money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now